Banker bashing is so last year...
In this episode of The Mindful Banker, I interview Zahra Husain and Sarah Laitung. Zahra and Sarah started their careers in finance, at Merill Lynch and J. P. Morgan respectively. They subsequently began a journey to find out about innovations in the financial services industry, aimed at having a greater social or environmental impact, and met some really interesting people along the way.
They thought others might find these peoples' stories interesting too. Inspired by the Instagram account Humans of New York, they created Human in Finance, which celebrates the inspirational people in finance who are working to make the world a better place. They share the stories on Instagram of these awesome people and hope to motivate others through them.
They believe people in finance should be able to use their valuable skillset in a way that benefits society and our planet. They want people to be able to proudly say “I work in finance”.
In this episode of The Mindful Banker podcast, we discuss...
- How they found meaning and purpose in finance
- The revolution in impact and sustainable investing
- The feeling of not belonging Society's unhelpful approach to pain
- The main reason people leave finance
- What they think is the key to being a top performer
- How they practice mindfulness
- Calling on the finance industry to help meet the UN Sustainable Development Goals