Dr. Tal Ben-Shahar discusses the fundamental principles that help us lead happier, more effective lives.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) Why many ambitious people end up unhappy
2) Why chasing happiness won’t make you happier—and what will
3) How to find your motivation in just five minutes
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep625 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT TAL —
Dr. Tal Ben-Shahar is the co-founder of the Happiness Studies Academy, as well as the creator and instructor of the Certificate in Happiness Studies and the Happier School programs.
After graduating from Harvard with a BA in Philosophy and Psychology and a PhD in Organizational Behavior, Tal taught two of the most popular courses in Harvard’s history: Positive Psychology and The Psychology of Leadership and taught Happiness Studies at Columbia University. He is an international, best-selling author whose books have been translated into more than 25 languages.
• Tal’s website: TalBenShahar.com
• Tal’s program: Happiness Studies Academy. Enter the code HAPPY to enjoy a 10% discount!
• Tal’s LinkedIn: Tal Ben-Shahar
• Tal’s Instagram: Dr. Tal Ben-Shahar
• HSA’s Facebook: Happiness Studies Academy
• HSA’s LinkedIn: Happiness Studies Academy
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Book: The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work by Shawn Achor
• Book: The Progress Principle: Using Small Wins to Ignite Joy, Engagement, and Creativity at Work by Teresa Amabile
• Book: The Relaxation Response by Herbert Benson
• Book: Middlemarch by George Eliot
• Poem: “The Guest House” by Jalaluddin Rumi
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Netgear. Enhance your WiFi at netgear.com/wifi
• Four Sigmatic. Enhance your productivity and your coffee at foursigmatic.com/howtobeawesome.