Nathan Furr discusses how to reframe your relationship with uncertainty to open up to new possibilities.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) How to turn the fear of the unknown into an excitement for possibilities
2) The six types of risk and how to manage them
3) How to deal with the frustrations of failure
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep801 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT NATHAN —
Nathan Furr is a professor of strategy and innovation at INSEAD in Paris and an expert in the fields of innovation and technology strategy. His bestselling books include The Innovator’s Method and Innovation Capital. Published regularly in Harvard Business Review, MIT Sloan Management Review, Forbes and Inc., he is an Innosight Fellow, has been nominated for the Thinkers50 Innovation Award, and works with leading companies including Google, Microsoft, Citi, ING, and Philips.
• Book: The Upside of Uncertainty: A Guide to Finding Possibility in the Unknown
• Website: UncertaintyPossibility.com
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Study: “Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk” by Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky
• Study: “Drop Your Tools: An Allegory for Organizational Studies” by Karl E. Weick
• Book: The Colossus of Maroussi by Henry Miller
• Book: Finite and Infinite Games by James Carse
• Film: Son of a Lion
• Past episode: 210: How to Generate Many Creative Ideas with Tina Seelig