Do you feel stuck in a rut with your career? You’re not alone. Plenty of people feel stuck. What you need is to clarify your career goals for the new year. Whether you hope to start your own business, get a promotion, or find a better job, it’s time to put together a strategy that works.
In this episode, we talk about how you can come up with realistic career goals this year, and the steps you can take to achieve them.
* How to figure out what you really want out of your career this year.
* Understanding the why behind your desire for a change at work.
* What types of career goals and strategies make sense for you?
* How to set realistic goals.
* How to integrate your career goals into your overall life objectives.
* Tips for setting goals that might take more than a year to achieve.
* Who to talk to if you need guidance.
* The importance of knowing what you need to accomplish your goals.
* How to find free and paid resources to help you proceed.
* Tips for turning your goals into a strategy that works.
Our DO NOWs are all about getting started ASAP. We talk about figuring out the kind of work you want to do and researching what you need to make it happen. Then we encourage you to take that first step toward your career goals.
What happens when you’re happy with your job and your parents want to push you to be “more”? It can be tough to deal with this type of situation. We talk about what it means to be content, and why it’s ok if you don’t want to always be chasing more money.
Become a Friend of Adulting
To get Adulting delivered directly to your device, subscribe using Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or your app of choice.
Join the Friends of Adulting! Please leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. We would really appreciate the feedback!
Many people are looking for a new job in the new year.