'Adventures in Local Marketing' is the only podcast that tells the stories from the front line of local marketing.
BrightLocal's Head of Marketing, Kristian Bannister chats to industry experts and marketers who are living local marketing day in, day out—the people pushing it further and in new directions. Get inspired by their journeys, uncover new ways of thinking, and deepen your strategic knowledge.
No unjustified hype.
No gimmicks or 'flash in the pan' tactics.
Just great conversations with the brightest minds in local marketing.
A BrightLocal Podcast.
Ben Fisher on Finding Competitive Advantages in Google My Business
On this month’s episode of ‘Adventures in Local Marketing’, we spoke with Ben Fisher of Steady Demand. Ben is one of only two officially-recognized Platinum Product Experts of Google My Business, so this was an amazing opportunity to find out:
• What the basics you have to get right in Google My Business are
• The ongoing activities every marketer should be performing
• Ben’s tips to give you a competitive advantage
Ben also shared his backstory in SEO, which dates back to 1994 – four years before Google was even founded! With no playbooks to follow at the time, Ben explains how experimentation was key to success back then and how it still rings true today.
Finally, we dived into Darren Shaw’s recently revealed Local Search Ranking Factors Survey (of which Ben was a participant), to find out Ben’s reaction to the findings and his biggest takeaways.
Dana DiTomaso on Learning to Love Reporting
Do you consider reporting a chore?
Do you frantically scramble to pull all your data together at the end of the month?
And does your reporting ultimately lead to more questions than answers?
If you answered 'yes' to any of the above, then this is the episode of 'Adventures in Local Marketing' for you.
Dana DiTomaso believes reporting doesn’t have to be so soul destroying! On this episode, we talked to Dana to learn:
- Why marketers have a bad relationship with reporting
- What you can do to change that relationship
- The common mistakes marketers make when reporting
- Why reporting less is always more
Jason Brown on Becoming the Spammer’s Public Enemy #1
We’re back with our second episode of ‘Adventures in Local Marketing’ and this time we’re talking spam, spam, and more SPAM, with Jason Brown.
Jason is the leading expert on all the shady things that go down in local SEO, so we wanted to find out:
• What kinds of tricks spammers are pulling
• How Jason goes about getting spam eradicated
• Why spam has real-world dangers way beyond manipulating rankings
• Why Jason decided to specialize in spam fighting
So grab your headphones and saddle up as we take a tour of the darker side of local marketing with the ‘Sheriff of Google’.
Greg Gifford on His Journey Through Local Marketing
Welcome to the very first episode of 'Adventures in Local Marketing'
In our debut episode, we sat down with local SEO expert, Greg Gifford, to chat about, well... everything. Listen along to learn:
• What local SEO was like when he first started out and how it’s changed over time
• How he became one of the most popular speakers in digital marketing
• How to further your career over the next 1-2 years
• His advice to anyone new to local marketing
Introducing Adventures in Local Marketing
Welcome to 'Adventures in Local Marketing' – the only podcast that tells the stories from the frontlines of local marketing.
In this trailer, host Kristian Bannister, explains why we've launched 'Adventures in Local Marketing' and what to expect from each episode.