Learn what really moves the needle in your business from advisor success stories and industry experts. From the latest marketing tactics working today, to advice for better serving your clients and guidance on running your practice more efficiently, AdvisorRadio gives you the insights you need to take your financial advisory business to the next level.
Your December Marketing Meeting
Which kinds of marketing are poised to have the greatest impact in 2022? That's the main question we'll tackle in this month's meeting.
• Client testimonials. Most of you can use these now, but how to find and gather them?
• Video has been king for a while now when it comes to attracting and keeping attention online. Will 2022 be any different?
• Target marketing in 2022. Why it's important to start looking beyond Baby Boomers.
• Timely marketing pieces to send to clients now. "Charitable giving" is this month's theme!
Social Security and Medicare: What’s New for 2022
• Beyond the COLA: What else is there to know about Social Security in addition to the 5.9% jump in benefits?
• The latest Social Security proposals in Congress: What are they? will they pass? What happens then?
• 14.5% jump in Medicare premiums: Why did this happen and what does it mean?
• Life-changing scenarios: How to educate clients and ask the right questions to get clients the benefits they are entitled to.
Elaine Floyd, CFP®, creator of Horsesmouth's Savvy Social Security and Medicare programs, tackles the above questions and more.
Elaine will also talk about her upcoming virtual workshop, Social Security and Medicare: Boomer Spike Coming!, which is December 6-9: https://www.horsesmouth.com/ssvirtual
A 4-Part Framework For Streamlining Your Business
What’s Working Now: This advisor has been developing checklists and flowcharts for himself and other advisors to help streamline business.
Biden Tax Plan—What Could Affect Clients Most
Certain elements of Biden's proposed tax plan such as a step up in basis and capital gains tax increases could have major repercussions for your clients.
Get updated on the most impactful tax changes being talked about and what it could mean for your clients in the Savvy Tax Planning podcast here on AdvisorRadio with Debra Taylor, CPA/PFS, JD, CDFA, founder and principal of the Taylor Financial Group and Sean Bailey, Horsesmouth Editor-in-Chief.
Vital Cybersecurity Lessons from the SolarWinds Hack
The SolarWinds vulnerability, which allows hackers to get into the systems of government agencies like the Departments of Treasury and Defense, and Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft as well, was a massive cybersecurity breach. It's fallout and scope is hard to even imagine.
There are important cybersecurity lessons to take away from the situation and to share with clients and members of your team.
A New Venmo Cash App Scam and How to Protect Yourself
Kathy was working from home and received a text message "from" Venmo asking her to validate recent charges she hadn't made. Her bank account being linked to her Venmo account, panic took over, and she called the number from the text right away. A short conversation with a "Venmo rep" stressing urgent action later, and Kathy was out $6500. She was the victim of a new Venmo scam.
Learn everything about this scam, including how to protect yourself and your clients, in this edition of the HackTalk podcast.
Patrick Tucker podcast
What a guy, what a story! So humble and well spoken. He’s full of rich advice and wisdom. A must-listen-to podcast!
Ellen Rogin is an excellent host and provides great value as does Horsesmouth everyday
This podcast is very good for financial advisors except when Sean Bailey is the moderator. He continually interrupts his guests and he keeps saying “um him” about 100 times during the interview. It would be better if Sean was silent and would ask follow up questions when the guest pauses during the conversation.