Trent Christensen and Sheriff Mark Lamb hit on some heavy topics, from human-trafficking and drug cartels to border security and defunding the police. Mark Lamb is an American businessman that turned his efforts to law enforcement after a dramatic ride along. Some of his success as the Pinal County Sheriff led to an opportunity to work in reality tv on "Live PD" and "60 Days In." As well, Mark Lamb just published his first book, "American Sheriff: Traditional Values In A Modern World."
From Business To Law Enforcement
• 3 things that helped Mark as a sheriff: Business background, law enforcement, and personal skills.
• Built an internet marketing company to help raise money to run for sheriff. This business ended up becoming a solar company based on necessity and demand.
• A quick lesson on cost-center budgets and making changes to how the previous administration ran budgets.
• Most challenging decisions to deal with as sheriff are often letting someone go that you like.
• FB notified Mesa PD of inappropriate behavior from one of Mark's officers.
• Covid-19 isn't my greatest concern; the side-effects from the shut down are my greatest concern.
• Safety as a parent these days starts with moderating what your kids are doing online.
• Pinal County is a hub for the cartel and trafficking and MS30. The cartel is transitioning more and more into dealing with synthetics.
• We have to make sure we have enough boots on the ground for border security, even though it's gotten better.
• What inspires you to do great things?
• What does success mean to you?
• Mark is a direct descendant of 8 of the occupants of the mayflower.
• How have you seen success in Pinal County?
• What's the youth redirection program?
• How do you scale these youth programs?
• Citizen's POSSE - what is it?
• "The goal is never to have to use them, but continually educate them."
A&E and Reality-TV
• A&E, "Live PD"
• "I'm all about God, Family, and Freedom."
• "60 Days In" Is trending on Netflix right now.
• Recruiting is hard these days, but we're doing better than most because of these shows.
• Mark explains the premise of "60 Days In"
Politics & Social, Boots & Hats
• Talking politics, "what are your plans, just to be sheriff?"
• Mark talks about his Lip Sync Challenge experience and turning a million views in 24hrs and then to 13.5 million.
• Raised $22k auctioning off his hat for a charity called the American Charities Foundation
Books, Charities, and Websites:
• Donate at AmericanSheriff.org - a charity to help all believe beyond ability.
• American Sheriff: Traditional Values In A Modern World by Mark Lamb
• "The book is all about challenging yourself."
• Wife, Janel Lamb, wrote the book: The Sheriff's Wife: Holding It All Together Behind The Scenes In Politics
• Get the books on Amazon or sheriffswife.com & americansheriff.com
Advice to All
• You're not special; you're unique. Be authentic.
• Surrender the outcome.
• Don't be afraid to do the uncomfortable work.
"Sometimes, all you're left with is a smile. "
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/successfactorpodcast)