Are Payroll Robots Going to Take Over? With Mike Walsh #034
Nick Day from JGA Payroll Recruitment is joined by Futurist and global nomad Mike Walsh who has synthesised years of research and interviews with some of the world’s top business leaders, AI pioneers and data scientists into a set of "10 principles about what it takes to succeed in the "payroll algorithmic age".
His book, The Algorithmic Leader, offers a hopeful and practical guide for leaders of all types, and organisations of all sizes to help them to survive and thrive in this era of unprecedented change and this is something we will be learning much more about during this podcast.
Mike Walsh is a global futurist and is CEO of Tomorrow, a global consultancy who designs companies for the 21st century so they can thrive in this era of disruptive technological change.
Mike’s clients include many of the global Fortune 500, and he is a sought-after keynote speaker who regularly shares the stage with world leaders and business icons alike. He has delivered nearly 1,000 keynote speeches around the world and his best-selling book Futuretainment, published by Phaidon, was the winner of the design award by the Art Director’s Club in New York
Each week, Mike interviews provocative thinkers, innovators and troublemakers on his podcast, Between Worlds so I am delighted to be able to welcome such an experienced professional to This Payroll Podcast
Mike’s newest book, The Algorithmic Leader, presents a pragmatic guide for future leaders and is based on many of the fascinating people Mike has met and interacted with over the years from Jack Ma (founder of Alibaba) to Reid Hoffman (founder of LinkedIn), as well as the next generation of entrepreneurs whose companies may end up shaping the future of the world we live in.
In this "Are Payroll Robots Going to Take Over?" Episode of the Payroll Podcast, we discover:
* The critical advice Mike would give to payroll leaders who want to harness the power of AI and succeed where others have failed.
* Are we prepared for automation, algorithms and AI and what will it mean for the future of work, leadership, and creativity?
* Should payroll professionals be fearful of automation?
* How will AI affect Smart payroll decision making?
* How will AI change payroll jobs?
* Discover Mike's Vision for a “new leadership model” and the 10 principles every leader needs to know to survive and thrive in the algorithmic age
* What is, does it mean to be an algorithmic leader?
* Is it ever too late for an older "analogue" company to make the changes necessary to succeed in the algorithmic age?
* What will life like in 2030?
* The one piece of advice Mike would give to someone embarking on a data-driven payroll career?
* How can we continue to stay smart when the machines around us are smarter than us?
Also listen out for an exclusive competition where you can win a signed copy of Mike's latest Book “The Algorithmic Leader: How to Be Smart When Machines Are Smarter Than You”. Listen to the podcast and then answer this question: If Mik...