Is the internet becoming unusable? Does it have a life beyond the constant barrage of annoying pop-ups, cookies, self-playing video commercials, captchas, paywalls and requests to turn off your ad blocker?
In this week's podcast, we discuss all the things we think are wrong with the World Wide Web and consider what should be done to rescue the internet, looking at ideas to make it a more informative, quality-assured and user-friendly space.
A few things we mentioned in this podcast:
- Spotify Removes Tens of Thousands of Indie Songs For ‘Artificial Streams’ https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2021/01/06/spotify-reportedly-pulls-indie-songs/
- Where Does the Majority of Internet Traffic Come From? https://www.ncta.com/whats-new/report-where-does-the-majority-of-internet-traffic-come
- Kiss Your Browser Goodbye: The Radical Future of Media Beyond the Web https://www.wired.com/1997/03/ff-push/
- The Web is Dead. Long Live the Internet https://www.wired.com/2010/08/ff-webrip/
- The Appification Of Everything Will Transform The World's 360 Million Web Sites https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonykosner/2012/12/16/forecast-2013-the-appification-of-everything-will-turn-the-web-into-an-app-o-verse/?sh=27784a7314bd
- The Appification of Everything and Why it Needs to End https://caseorganic.medium.com/the-appification-of-everything-why-it-needs-to-end-8a2214c1968f
- Mises Institute: The Truth About the "Robber Barons"
For more information on Aleph Insights visit our website https://alephinsights.com or to get in touch about our podcast email firstname.lastname@example.org
Image: Image under CC BY 2.0