In this episode of Passion with John R. Miles, I interview Ari Wallach about the Longpath mindset and how to unlock your purpose for something greater than yourself. | Brought to you by Indeed. Receive a $75 credit at: https://www.indeed.com/passionstruck.
Ari Wallach is a futurist and the founder and Executive Director of Longpath Labs, focusing on the thinking and behaviors that will positively impact future generations. As an adjunct associate professor at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs, he lectured on innovation, AI, and the future of public policy. He is the author of Longpath: Becoming the Great Ancestors Our Future Needs.
-► Purchase a Copy of Longpath: https://amzn.to/3bZe0sP (Amazon Link)
-► Get the full show notes: https://passionstruck.com/ari-wallach-on-unlock-your-purpose-longpath/
--► Subscribe to My Channel Here: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
--► Subscribe to the podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/passion-struck-with-john-r-miles/id1553279283
*Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Indeed where you can search for millions of jobs online to find the next step in your career. With tools for job search, resumes, company reviews, and more. Head to https://www.indeed.com/passionstruck, where you can receive a $75 credit to attract, interview, and hire in one place.
What I Discuss With Ari Wallach
The question we're asking ourselves, and we've continuously been asking ourselves for 1000s of years, is "Who am I and why am I here?" Suppose you are living a life that now has a purpose for something bigger than yourself. In that case, the immediate payoff is that you are now finding that the things that you do and the interactions that you have with yourself, your own inner voice with other humans, the things that you consume, and the ways that you vote, are no longer just about you. We explore the following topics:
What is a “futurist”?
What are the foundational principles of the Longpath perspective?
What Ari means when he says “short-termism”
What is “transgenerational empathy”?
What are a few examples of the Longpath perspective at work today?
Who are the biggest offenders of short-termism?
What is the payoff for planning for a future we won't be around to see?
Why does becoming the great ancestors our future needs built on intentionality
Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
And much more…
Where to Find Ari Wallach
* Website: https://www.longpath.org/
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ariwallach/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ariw/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/ariw
* My interview with Dr. Katy Milkman on the behavior science behind how we change: https://passionstruck.com/katy-milkman-behavior-change-for-good/
* My interview with Dr. Ayelet Fishbach on how you get things done through the science of motivation: https://passionstruck.com/ayelet-fishbach-get-it-done-find-the-fun-path/
* My interview with Jeff Walker on how you create systems change to solve world-centric issues: https://passionstruck.com/jeffrey-c-walker-collaboration-systems-change/
* My interview with Jean Oelwang on the power of partnerships in solving novel issues that impact society: https://passionstruck.com/jean-oelwang-what-will-you-love-into-being/
* My interview with Dr. Kara Fitzgerald on how to reduce your bio age and increase your lifespan: https://passionstruck.com/dr-kara-fitzgerald-become-younger-you/
* My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
* My solo episode on why you must feel to heal: https://passionstruck.com/why-you-must-feel-to-find-emotional-healing/
-- John R. Miles is the CEO, and Founder