Austin Massey is one of the owners of Viator Coffee Co. and the General Manager of their downtown Elgin location. With over 15 years in the food service industry, and a degree in Hospitality Management from Harper College in Palatine, IL., Austin brings all of his experience into running his business at the highest caliber, not just to make the best coffee drinks and food possible, but ultimately to create a culture of people who love coffee and others really well, while maintaining the goal of establishing themselves as the industry standard in service and job security through providing opportunities for employees to engage in coffee education, media, design, community outreach, guest services, leadership, and professional development.
In our discussion we explored making his new café “pandemic proof.”
Here are some of the other beneficial topics covered on this week’s show:
● How depth in conversations and community can be created around coffee.
● Why owning a café is difficult during the COVID-19 pandemic.
● How business owners need to be able to pivot when changes occur.
● Why it’s important to make connections with the customers you serve.
● How restaurants need good food and drinks and good servers.
Connect with Austin:
Guest Contact Info:
Connect with Nate Lindquist
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices