Bamboo Chalupa is a podcast about doing digital marketing and SEO well for agency, in-house and DIY marketers. There is absolutely no outdated news, useless information, personal ramblings or hyperbolic marketing-speak. Nate Shivar and Brett Snyder have focused, useful, in-depth conversations about SEO, content and digital marketing every other week to help you do marketing and SEO better. Enjoy!
#54: Justifying Investment in Paid Media
Nate & Brett discuss how to justify investment in paid media – even when your main focus is organic traffic.
* The #1 reason why you should invest in paid media
* The single paid metric that every marketer should know
* How paid media can provide fast feedback for a campaign
* How we use paid media to support organic campaigns
#53: Generating Traffic with Existing Content
As a sequel to #52, Nate & Brett discuss how to effectively grow your website with updates to existing content, rather than focusing on creating new content from scratch.
* Why your old, existing content matters
* How focusing on your existing content can drive better results than new content
* How to balance maintenance vs. creation
* How to prioritize updates to existing content
* How this process affects your new content creation (your new will become your existing content)
* Nick Eubanks sales of a 47 post blog for $100,000
* Backlinko’s 40 some odd posts
* Cyrus Shepard’s page update process
Check out this episode!
#52: Driving Massive Traffic & Engagement Through Content
As a sequel to #51, Nate and Brett discuss how to translate good keyword research into incredible content that will drive traffic.
Also – Nate goes on a rant about what “10x content” really means.
* How to put your strategy to work
* Tips on creating a content brief
* Doing content research that beats the competition
* Formatting your content for success
* Why drafting is not the most important part
* How to edit effectively
* Keeping your process going
Examples of Good Content Development
Nate’s post on Free Content Research Tools
Download the episode
#51: Doing Keyword Research – The Bedrock of SEO
Nate & Brett discuss how to do keyword research, a fundamental skill for SEO & digital marketing.
* How smart keyword research & planning makes money over the long-term
* Starting with your audience – not your product / service
* Doing broad research before narrowing your focus
* Assigning keywords to different topics
* Understanding intent & customer questions
* Thinking about keywords in relation to your broader business
Nate’s beginner guide to keyword research
Nate’s guide to keyword mapping
How To Judge Keyword Difficulty
How To Use Free Tools & Research to Find Content Ideas
Garlic Presses on Amazon
Download This Episode
#50: The Great Snapchat Debate
In this episode – Nate, who is particularly riled up, and Brett debate whether businesses should invest time & money in Snapchat.
Snapchat is now one of the largest social apps by active users. Businesses are increasingly looking at Snapchat as an opportunity to grow both earned & paid media.
But is investing time & money in Snapchat worthwhile compared to other platforms?
* Background on Snapchat
* How Nate & Brett use Snapchat
* Business Case for Snapchat
* The Case for Staying off Snapchat
* How To Make Your Snapchat Experiments Worthwhile
Sharecropping: A Sucker’s Game Then — and Now
The bull case for Snapchat
Knucklepuck’s Snapchat Takeover
Check out this episode!
#49: Lessons from Fake News for Digital Marketers
Nate & Brett discuss what marketers can learn from the trending topic of the day – Fake News.
Fake news has been around as long as the written word, but new distribution channels and political implications have brought it to mainstream attention.
But what can marketers (and anyone who works on the Internet) learn from it?
* Why Fake News is suddenly News
* The origins of getting attention
* How consumers can respond
* How large Internet distribution channels (aka Google + Facebook) are likely to respond
* What marketers can learn from fake news publishers
* Nate’s post on using OutBrain
* Google takes action on news publishers
Download this episode!
They Talk Like Real Humans And Give Actionable Advice
I'm just getting into the SEO game and Brett and Nate are great because they not only cover SEO and the constant changes it undergoes, but they discuss broader marketing concepts and how SEO overlaps with these concepts. If you want to stay updated on the SEO world or want to learn how to think like professional marketers that focus on SEO (but not solely on SEO) this is a bomber podcast. Thanks Brett and Nate.
Perfect for Intermediate-Advanced SEOs
Great podcast for working SEOs that want to hear news and opinion from real, in-the-trenches Co-hosts.
Both of these guys are super smart, and they don't just agree with each other, they have a healthy argument.
Only nitpick - would like to see Brett not talk over Nate sometimes, and audio quality could be a bit better, but overall great.
I work in SEO and recently started listening to Bamboo Chalupa during my commute. I’ve been very impressed with the quality of the content delivered and find it to be a worthwhile use of my time & a refreshing alternative to all the click-bait SEO content that is far too common in our industry. Brett and Nate are great at breaking down complex topics to make them easy-to-digest, always supporting their thoughts with real world examples.
They address a wide variety of topics and offer a unique perspective. By the end of each podcast, I usually have at least one takeaway that I can apply to my job, so thank you for that! I have recommended this podcast to the other digital marketers I work with, from beginners to experienced SEOs.