The Football Podcast about a Basketball Conference, featuring ACC experts Mike McDaniel and Joey Weaver.
2020 Week 12 Preview: A Black Friday Banger, Clemson Looking to Prove a Point, and Lots of Betting Value
The guys are back, previewing a Thanksgiving week slate of ACC games that looks a little different than in most years. Instead of several games against out-of-conference rivals, we're blessed this year with a slate of exclusively in-conference action, including:
- We kick things off on the afternoon of Black Friday, when #2 Notre Dame pays a visit to #19 North Carolina for their final test before an inevitable appearance in the ACC Championship Game. Will the Irish continue rolling, or will the Tar Heels' offense be enough to pull off an upset?
- Clemson hasn't played in weeks, and Dabo Swinney is starting to lash out against the media in frustration. Pittsburgh is headed to Death Valley this weekend to take on an angry Tigers team looking to prove a point. Don't overthink this one.
- Louisville is looking to keep the momentum going on a trip to Boston College where the Eagles are an incredibly small favorite. Are the Cardinals really on the same level as Boston College right now?
- Georgia Tech hasn't played since Halloween day, and is set to face a Duke team that won't have played in 3 full weeks. Who knows what to expect from these teams?
All of this, plus a look at the new College Football Playoff rankings, Picks of the Week, and MORE!
2020 Week 11 Recap: Clemson-FSU Cancellation Fallout, and What Comes Next for Virginia Tech?
The guys are back, recapping a very eventful Week 11 of ACC action, despite only having 4 games to discuss. The biggest things to discuss were:
- Clemson-FSU was cancelled just hours before the game was due to kick off, and the resulting bickering through the media hasn't really made anyone look any better.
- Syracuse looked absolutely listless on Friday night against a Louisville team that's struggled so far this year...and it's probably time for us to have some more discussions about the potential of moving on from Dino Babers, and whether that would even fix anything!
- Virginia Tech hit a new low in getting blown out by Pittsburgh on Saturday, and Mike gave a TON of insight on this being the beginning of the end of the Justin Fuente era in Blacksburg.
All of this, plus weekly awards, and MORE!
2020 Week 11 Preview: Clemson's Back Against Florida State, and Cam Underwood Can't Wait
Mike and Joey are back again to preview some Week 11 ACC action, joined once again by Cam Underwood (@UnderwoodSports) of StateoftheU.com this week! The Georgia Tech-Miami and Wake Forest-Duke games have been postponed, but there's still plenty of interesting action on the schedule for this weekend, including:
- Syracuse kicks off the weekend with a trip to Louisville, where a pair of 1-6 teams are looking to finish their seasons on a positive note.
- Clemson is back after a bye week, and so is Trevor Lawrence, as the Tigers head to Tallahassee to take on a degrading Florida State team...and let's just say that Cam isn't too upset about watching Florida State get pummeled.
- Virginia Tech tries to get their season back on track with a trip to Pittsburgh, which hasn't exactly been the most successful road trip for them historically.
All of this, PLUS a quick look at Bowling Green's game this week (hint: it didn't go great), picks of the week, and MORE!
Remember to shop at HomefieldApparel.com and use promo code "GOACC" at checkout for 20% off your first order!
2020 Week 10 Recap: Miami and UNC's Comeback Wins, Notre Dame Avoids a Letdown, and Louder Questions in Blacksburg
The guys are back, recapping a Week 10 in the ACC that had plenty of intrigue coming in and didn't disappoint:
- Virginia Tech had Miami where they wanted them, and couldn't finish the drill in the fourth quarter. What does that mean for Justin Fuente's time in Blacksburg?
- North Carolina and Wake Forest combined for over 1,300 yards of offense and 112 points in a wild, fun track meet of a game!
- Notre Dame avoided a hangover after the program's biggest win in a decade last week, and continued rolling over their former QB and his new Boston College team.
All of this, plus weekly awards, and MORE!
2020 Week 10 Preview: Notre Dame in the Red Bandana Game, and a Miami Check-In Pre-Virginia Tech
The guys are back for a special edition of the weekly preview, spending some time with Cam Underwood taking inventory on what we've learned about Miami so far this season, before breaking down this weekend's interesting-looking game between the Hurricanes and Mike's flailing Virginia Tech Hokies (27:30). ELSEWHERE:
- Notre Dame is in the letdown spot to end them all, and has to play against Boston College in the Red Bandana Game. Are the Irish on upset alert? (54:20)
- North Carolina is a huge favorite this weekend, but are in-state rivals Wake Forest really going to go all that easily? (1:03:05)
- Georgia Tech returns from a bye week to host Pittsburgh! (That's it. That's all we've got.) (1:06:55)
All of this, plus picks of the week, and MORE!
Use promo code "goacc" at HomefieldApparel.com for 20% off of your first order of some really comfortable, great-looking gear!
2020 Week 9 Recap: Notre Dame Takes Down Clemson, Justin Fuente is Officially on the Hot Seat, and NC State Nearly Knocks Off Miami
The guys are back, recapping a week in the ACC that gave us a TON to talk about!
- Notre Dame defeated Clemson in one of the best regular season games in ACC history, needing two overtimes and making a ton of plays along the way to make it happen.
- Virginia Tech was a huge favorite at home on Saturday against Liberty, and lost on the heels of a disappointing defensive performance and a couple of rough coaching blunders.
- NC State largely had Miami outplayed on Friday night, but the Hurricanes managed to steal a win in the final minutes, as both quarterbacks (including Bailey Hockman) played OUTSTANDING football games.
All of this, plus weekly awards and MORE!
By the way -- shop at Homefield Apparel! Use promo code GOACC for 20% off of your first order at www.homefieldapparel.com!
Customer ReviewsSee All
best acc podcast
after listening to these guys for an entire season, i wouldn’t want to listen to anyone else about the acc
I am an SEC and UGA fan, but I love this podcast. It’s often funny and insightful. Keep it going.
I’ll give these guys credit that they’re attempting to be as objective as possible and have a fun show that doesn’t hold back on their thoughts. The VT grad on the show had a hard time being objective or not being intentionally obnoxious about UVA in 2019, but seems to have turned the corner with accurate analysis on UVA’s player development approach to success in a recent podcast.