Bethel Lutheran Church is one church in two locations. We have campuses in both Fergus Falls and Battle Lake, Minnesota. "Our mission is to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ so that people come to faith in Jesus and live for Him." Our vision is to make disciples of Jesus who, by God's grace, BELIEVE (a personally held faith in Jesus Christ) BELONG (a shared faith in Christian community) BUILD FAITH@HOME (a heritage of faith in Christian homes).
> 1. What does living with the end in mind look like for you?
> 2. How do the uncertainties of life affect you in everyday life?
> 3. What gifts from God do you tend to ignore or despise?
> 4. What gifts from God do you tend to misuse?
> 5. What’s one thing you’re looking forward to experiencing in heaven?
> 1. Think of (share) an example of a time when it was hard to go along with the decision of someone in authority.
> 2. When you felt like saying “What are you doing?!” to leaders, did you say something? How did you handle it?
> 3. How does the rule and reign of Jesus...
- Challenge you?
- Lead you to peace?
> 4. Has the Gospel of Jesus Christ “pulled you” over the line of faith? Does it continue to do that for you even on a daily basis? How?
> 1. Do you tend to think of Christianity as more relevant/practical for this life or for life after death?
> 2. When was the last time you went to a funeral? How did you feel? What do you remember from it?
> 3. Has what Solomon shared about listening to the wise (not fools) made you question the wisdom those you’ve sought advice from in the past?
> 4. What are you lamenting? Is there anyone who has joined you in that lament? Whom might you invite in?
> 5. Say a prayer of faith and repentance inviting Jesus to take what is crooked in you, your sin.
Scripture: Ecclesiastes 5:8-20
> 1. How would you summarize the message of Ecclesiastes in one word?...now, in one sentence?
> 2. What connections do you see between what Solomon says in Ecclesiastes 5 and the painting, “The Moneylender and His Wife”?
> 3. The painting portrays two dispositions: being focused on money and being distracted by money. Which better describes you?
> 4. Charles Bridges wrote, “I have found more in Christ than I ever expected to want.” Think on that a bit. And now, give Him thanks.
Scripture: Ecclesiastes 5:1-7
1. Do you listen well? Is it easy for you to talk more than you should?
2. What things do you tend to use to distract your heart from hearing God’s voice?
3. What might God be saying to you about you?
4. What might God be saying to you about Himself?
Scripture: Ecclesiastes 4
1. At what point in your life, if ever, did you think “It might have been better if I was never born”?
2. Do you think it’s true that we spend most of our time thinking about ourselves?
3. Who are the “we’s” you think God might like you to think about more?
4. Pastor Dave said that eventually everyone disappoints us. Friend, spouse, brother, companion. He said that Jesus is the “True and Better” friend, spouse, brother and companion. How is he that to you?
Customer ReviewsSee All
Offensive and Racist
I just listened to one of the most offensive, racists sermons on Black Lives Matter. Not surprising that this was given by a white male (self proclaimed “prophet” in his sermon). This is what gives Christianity a bad name.