This podcast is devoted to bringing beauty and wellness business owners insights into the industry, what’s changing in it, and what lies ahead. All of our guests are beauty professionals ranging from medical professionals to estheticians that serve the everyday beauty consumer, in the trenches, helping them look slimmer, toner, and more alive as we all collectively protest the relentless effects of gravity and aging. This is your show if you’re looking for experts insights on how you can take your business to the next level.
BBS 47 - Perry Nixdorf from Paradise Salon ~ Spa ~ Wellness
Back by popular demand, Perry joins us for another episode laser-focused on goal selection, carving out your 'ideal scene', and risk management strategies to help you make more intelligent decisions from one of the veterans of the industry.
In this episode we focus on:
The setting, defining, and reimaging of your goals and ambition.Risk management insights and how to sleep at night.Getting the information you need and weeding out what you don’t.Putting it all together and execute your vision.Connect with Perry at https://www.paradisesalonspawellness.com/
Episode 46 - Kaeli Lindholm from KLC Consulting
Kaeli Lindholm is the founder and CEO of KLC Consulting, the go-to consulting firm for intentional and inspiring women in aesthetics who are looking to cross the next million-dollar mark in their business.
She is the founder of The POP Leadership Academy, the one and only business incubator that helps female leaders in aesthetics & wellness disrupt the status quo to build deeply satisfying, lucrative, freedom-based businesses that stand the test of time.
If you're looking for insights on brand strategy and how to create Million Dollar Confidence, this is the show for you.
In this episode we cover:
1. How to create a rock solid, impervious to outside forces, type resilience that will enable you to be profitable in ANY environment through creating Million Dollar Confidence.
2. The disruption stick, why it's inevitable, and how to land on the right side of it.
3. Disruption, brand strategy, and the elements to architect your own brand strategy.
4. The best way to avoid hyper-granularizing and its trap of analysis paralysis when creating your own category and brand strategy.
5. Ways to re-invigorate your market perception, specialization, reputation.
6. Why some are victims are being 'happened to' while others are 'happening to...' and enjoy stark raving success on the other side of that.
Connect with Kaeli at https://klcconsultants.com/
Episode 45 - Nigel Franklyn from The Spa Whisperer
Spa and Wellness business owners this is the episode you've been waiting for.
When iconic luxury resorts like Four Seasons®, Aman Resorts®, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, and The Siam are looking for the best in class consulting for concept development and wellness design, there is one name one to top of their list... Nigel Franklyn, The Spa Whisperer.
With a portfolio and accolades that span the globe, it's no wonder why Nigel is in such high demand... his ideas work.
Listen to this episode to hear Nigel's thoughts on:
1. How and why you should place your therapists at the center of your practices.
2. Emotional intelligence, unlocking vulnerability, and social acuity that therapists should feel empowered to cultivate.
3. What the RIGHT kind of therapist > customer engagement looks like.
4. Growing revenue and how to navigate the tension of corporatization while maintaining humanization.
5. Efficiency vs being effective.
6. Biophilic design and its incorporation in your space.
Bonus - Nigel shares his thoughts on the Metaverse and virtual reality in wellness.
Connect with Nigel @
Episode 44 - Dr. Lisa Parissi from Wellness Choice
Chiropractors this show is for you...
On for her second appearance of the show Dr. Lisa - the owner of Wellness Choice in Newport Beach - and I discuss:
1. Why it is VITAL to have a brand strategy and how she has architected hers.
2. How she was able to DOUBLE her practice's revenue despite COVID-19 generating $100k+ in one month.
3. How she created revenue symbiosis by partnering with a PT, why Physical Therapists are eating away at your revenue, and most importantly what you can do to avoid that nightmare.
4. How to play bigger and create your own category to best set you up for category domination.
Episode 43 - Julie Koesel from Julie Elaine
Julie Koesel is the owner of Julie Elaine a one-stop-shop for skincare, feet pampering, massage, and esthetics in Spokane Washington.
When she's not obsessing over skincare/fitness/nutrition/kids/love/naps/coffee/life she's feverishly thinking, "how can I better pamper my clients" and on this episode we capture a bit of Julie's thinking that has led to her success as a 19+ year veteran of esthetics with a thriving practice filled with loving, faithful customers.
If you're an esthetician/skincare pro, this episode is for you.
BBS 42 - Haben Girmay from Shikorina by Habi
Haben "Habi" Girmay is the owner, founder, CEO, & Cosmetic Chemist of Shikorina By Habi, LLCAs a Licensed Esthetician & Certified Master Clinical Herbalist from Eritrean American who lives in Philadelphia, her insights are gold.Formulating and...
Excellent info on how to run a beauty business
Hear how other retail locations get it done!
Best Beauty & Business Podcast!
Wow! What a great podcast! With his strong background in beauty, wellness and business, Austin brings a wealth of knowledge to his podcast each episode. If you’re looking to scale your beauty business, make sure you check him out!
Austin is an explosive host!! This show will have you waiting patiently for the next episode!! Very informative about the beauty industry and most of all entertaining!!