In this episode, Dr. Chantae D. Pittman shares her story of finding a passion for creating equity and community in her choral classroom. Dr. Pittman's key points include the following:
* What defines Title One status?
* How can we as teachers "make it happen" for all of our students?
* Where does programming play a role in equity?
* How is authenticity a part of equity?
* Why is "looking inward" the most important thing we can do right now?
* What is our biggest role as educators?
Connect with Dr. Pittman: https://www.youtube.com/c/ChantaePittman
Or find her on social media @theedocp on TikTok, IG, and Twitter
Learn more about TCA: https://www.truechangealliance.org/
Watch the epsidoe on YouTube: https://youtu.be/PF3STc2LZq4.
Connect with your host, Dr. Emily Williams Burch at EmilyBurch.org/contact or join the conversation on Patreon.com/MusicEdMatters - including PD Weekend coming up live in Savannah with in-person and virtual options to attend!
**Show music originally written by Mr. Todd Monsell
**Show photography provided by Dr. Dan Biggerstaff