June 28 // CBC Online // Psalm 2:1-12 // Why Does the Nation Rage?
The Life And Ministry Of John The Baptist
Who Is John The Baptist?
1. The fulfilled promise of God’s Word that teaches us patience and hope (2) “ As it is written in Isaiah the prophet,...
2. The Forerunner prophesied to come that teaches us obedience in obscurity is better than disobedience in popularity (2-3)
3. The faithful preacher of the gospel that teaches us repentance of sins is a prerequisite to understanding the “good news” (4, 7-8)
The Gospel of Jesus Christ The Son of God
In Mark’s gospel God wants us to know Him and grow in our faith as He uses Mark to present Jesus as the…
(Ch. 1-8) Sovereign Son of God that points us to His deity (1) “the Son of God”…
(Ch. 8-10) Suffering Servant of man that makes ordinary people into disciples (1) “the gospel of Jesus Christ”…
(Ch. 11-16) Sacrificial Savior of the world that forgives our sin by His death (1) “the beginning of the gospel”…
Healthy Churches Multiply & Grow Numerically
1. As we live in gospel-centered community (46)
2. As we exhibit grace-given joyfulness (46)
3. As we worship with Spirit-filled praises (47)
Healthy Churches Seek God in Prayer
1. The early church prayed together to God (24) “And when they heard it, they lifted their voices together”…
2. The early church prayed focusing on the Lord’s Sovereignty (24) “And when they heard it, they lifted their voices together to God and said, “Sovereign Lord, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them”…
3. The early church prayed God’s Word (25-26) “who through the mouth of our father David, your servant, said by the Holy Spirit, “‘Why did the Gentiles rage, and the peoples plot in vain? 26 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the
rulers were gathered together, against the Lord and against his Anointed”…
4. The early church prayed for gospel boldness and power (29-30) “And now, Lord, look upon their threats and grant to your servants to continue to speak your word with all boldness, 30 while you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus”…
Healthy Churches Maintain Genuine Fellowship
Week One - Healthy churches minister through the power of the Holy Spirit
Week Two - Healthy churches focus on biblical preaching & teaching (doctrine)
The fellowship of believers, the body of Christ, the N.T. local church must give consistent attention to maintaining a warm, joyful and biblical fellowship.
1. Healthy churches fellowship as we are converted by grace, through faith (42) “they devoted themselves to the apostles teaching and the fellowship”…
2. Healthy churches fellowship as we participate in the Lord’s Supper (42) “and they devoted themselves to the breaking of bread”...
3. Healthy churches fellowship as we believe & grow together (44) “and all who believed were together”…
4. Healthy churches fellowship as we share in hospitality (46) “and breaking bread in their homes”…