2 Private Cannabis Investors share thoughts, analysis and opinions on the ups and downs of the rapidly changing Cannabis Investing landscape. For Investors By Investors
#69 - The Second Wave of FOMO for Cannabis Investors
Please note we recorded this episode early Tues morning and the cannabis markets has turned ugly by close Tues night.
Which is the important theme of this episode - as hype and speculation return in force to the cannabis industry investors need to be careful and be fearful when others are being greedy.
In this episode:
- What the hell is going on?
- Explaining wild price action over the last few days
- Rally of the "others" not the big 4 MSOs
- ACB as a proxy for the wildness of this market and unsustainability
- How to protect yourself while taking advantage of the "risk on" mindset
#68 - Q3 Financial Review of the Big 4 MSOs (ft. Nick Gastevich aka CannaVestments)
In this episode we are joined by special guest Nick Gastevich. You may have seen Nick posting online under the name CannaVestments where he regularly shares financial analysis and commentary about US Cannabis companies.
Nick has deep insight into the large MSOs and through his family office invested in GTI and Cresco as private companies.
In this episode we cover Curaleaf, Trulieve, GTI & Cresco's Q3 results and for each company we discuss:
1. Top Line metrics and Growth
2. Gross Margin and adjusted EBITDA
3. Cash Flow & Capital Expenditures
4. Footprint analysis - which states are driving revenue and profitability?
5. Future growth - which states represent the most future upside?
6. Valuation - what multiple does the company trade at? Do we view it as cheap or expensive?
This is an action packed episode - many thanks to Nick for joining us and sharing his insights
#67 - Navigating Cannabis through COVID - 2nd Wave Edition
Please note: we had a technical issue and one of our mics somehow had the "witness protection" filter put on.
In this episode we discuss how cannabis investors should weigh the potential risks associated with COVID and the broader markets
- Vaccine Optimism is pushing markets higher - is too much optimism priced in?
- Vaccine is much welcome news and provides a light at the end of the tunnel
- However many risks remain as we head into a prolonged "dark winter"
- Lack of fiscal stimulus, lack of US federal COVID response and why a delayed transition is particularly bad this year
- Risk feels mispriced - from bonds to commercial real estate this remains a real overhang
- So what? Cannabis is performing very well but is not immune to broader markets
- Lack of stimulus hurts consumers; market correction will hurt weed stocks
- How do we plan around this? What measures can we take?
- Portfolio and cash management over 2021
- Discussion of MediPharm Lab's BRUTAL Q3 and a longer term outlook
- Thinking about B2B for Village Farms and Cresco Labs
#66 - The Future is Bright for US Cannabis (Post Election Analysis)
In this episode we digest the results of the US election and discuss why we are bullish on the future of US cannabis
In this episode we discuss:
- Why investors should be careful with this "sugar high" rally on Canadian LPs
- What a Biden win means for US Operators
- Why this is good for future M&A
- How cannabis will fare under a split senate or under a republican senate
- Why "more of the same" is actually a win for existing players
- Why the NASDAQ remains the holy grail and how that impacts the current players
- How The Golden Age of Investing is likely to be prolonged
We finish off with a few listener questions from Alex, Zachary and Ben D
#65 - What's Next for Cannabis Investors? (Post Election Episode)
In this post-election special we discuss what the future holds for cannabis investors and how to manage uncertainty
#64 - Cannabis Investors Need to Keep Evolving
This week we discuss the importance of continually evolving your thinking in the rapidly developing cannabis landscape.
- Why updating your mindset is so important
- How to filter noise from real trend changes
Topics that we discuss our updated thinking on:
- Flower vs Extracted products
- Brands in Flower (how and why Cookies has performed so well)
- Vertical Integration
- Importance and Long Term Viability of Dispensaries
- Rec vs Medical markets
Lastly we give some final thoughts before the upcoming US election next week
Customer ReviewsSee All
Good analysis but host is argumentative
I like the show but the host seems argumentative
Stop saying “I disagree” and instead say “another viewpoint I have is this...”
Too Much Bloviation
Their episodes could be 30 minutes long. I tuned in for some analysis on cannabis stocks and it’s just two guys with general knowledge talking about the industry. Really disappointing.
Abbi and Manish are great hosts. Like me, they got interested in cannabis investing recently and hope to be in the game for awhile. They are not blowhards but instead recognize they are dealing with actual companies. I also like that they have different risk tolerances from each other.