Podcast by Jason Gale
Death: Philosophical and Theological Perspectives
In this episode, Dr. Smith and Dr. Bulzacchelli discuss many different aspects of death. We cover:
- The ancient view of death
- Life after death in ancient philosophy?
- The Stoics
- Greeks, Romans, and Manicheans
- Energies and Pseudo-science
- Christianity - Worship a God who is not part of the cosmos
- Heidegger and Christianity
Youth Ministry in an Age of Unbelief
In this episode, Jason and Dr. Bulzacchelli discuss serious issues around the youth and belief. We cover:
- relation-based youth ministry and the problem that people already don't believe
- is relation based ministry still possible?
- Trust someone or the message?
- Secular view of reality – objective and subjective approaches
- Ways forward for adolescents
Freedom in America: A Philosophical Defense
In this episode, Dr. Bulzacchelli and Dr. Smith discuss freedom as the founder's intended. We cover:
- The Declaration of Independence
- Influence of the English Philosophers
- The Monarchy
- Progressives’ concept of freedom
- If we are going to defend American freedom, we need to get it right!
- Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness
- Private property
- Scottish Commonsense Realism and Thomas Reed
- Self-Evidence under attack
Buy Dr. Smith's Book on Political Philosophy - https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Modern-Political-Ideas-Christians/dp/B08M2BKBR1/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=benjamin+smith+political&qid=1624971760&sr=8-6
Rival Versions of Happiness: Aristotle, Stoics, and Christians
In this episode, Jason and Dr. Smith discuss rival points of view of happiness. We cover:
- Aristotle's idea of happiness
- The Stoic's view of happiness
- Christianity's view of happiness
- Eternal life
- Happiness in Sacred Scripture
- John 17:3, Proverbs 3:13-18, Col 3:1-17, Phil 3:8-11
Skojec, Dreher, and Clericalism
In this episode, Jason and Dr. Bulzacchelli discuss Steve Skojec's article, Rod Dreher's response, and the issue of clericalism. We cover:
- Steve Skojec's article - https://skojecfile.steveskojec.com/p/against-crippled-religion
- Rod Dreher's response - https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/catholicism-steve-skojec-has-had-enough/
- Marginalization and persecution of orthodox Catholics
- "Mere Catholics"
- Ecclesiological issues
How to be Happy: Aristotle and the Good Life
In this episode, Jason and Dr. Smith talk about happiness from a philosophical perspective. We cover:
- Trying to define happiness
- Happiness, Actions, Ends, and Goods
- An end desired for its own sake
- Imperfect vs perfect ends
- External goods and virtue
- A desirable life
Fantastic lecture. As always you delivered easy to understand lecture on extremely complicated subject.
Excellent Primer on Max
These episodes won you a 5 star. Great job.
Very Interesting Topics
I find the topics discussed in the CSA podcasts to be interesting and relevant. I particularly like the balance between the philosophically-focused and theological-focused conversations, of which both categories are certainly enlightening and engaging. All discussions offer the listener much to contemplate.