Welcome to the CenterPoint Podcast with Pastor Lowell and Pastor Billy. Take a listen and be sure to subscribe on your device to receive these automatically.
#145 – Bringing Peace into a Troubled World
Listen in as Pastor Lowell and Prayer Ministry Leader Chris Dozier interact about the ongoing racial tension in our world. The problem is not new and neither are the solutions.
Passages of Scripture referenced include:
* James 1:19–20 (ESV) — Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
* Ephesians 4:26 (ESV) — Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger.
* Matthew 22:37–40 (ESV) — And Jesus said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
* Galatians 3:26–28 (ESV) — For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
* Luke 18:1–8 (ESV) — And Jesus told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. 2 He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. 3 And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’ 4 For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God nor respect man, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.’ ” 6 And the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge says. 7 And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? 8 I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”
* Romans 12:14–16 (ESV) — Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16 Live in harmony with one another.
#144 – Read it and Trust it Conversation
Have you ever asked yourself, “how can I grow in my relationship with the Lord and where do I begin”? If so, you will want to listen to CenterPoint’s newest Podcast Episode. The guys jump into their 2nd Conversation of a new series their calling, “Ten Conversations about How to Deepen Your Relationship with God”. In this conversation they answer the question, what is the Bible, and encourage us to grow in our relationship with the Lord by reading the Bible and trusting it. They remind us that the more we read, the more layers of understanding we build up, therefore producing more growth.
* 2 Timothy 3:16-17
* 2 Peter 1:21
* Matthew 28:18-20
* John 21:15
* Gospel of John
* 7 Check Points for Student Leaders, Andy Stanley
#143 – Everything is New Conversation
Pastor Lowell and Pastor Billy are beginning a new Podcast Series their calling, “10 Conversations Focused on How to Deepen Your Relationship with God.” On today’s episode they begin their first conversation discussing two important points, if you have entered a relationship with Jesus Christ:
* God is new to you. 1 Peter 3:18
* You are new to you. 2 Corinthians 5:17-18
#142 – Death Burial and He is Risen
In today’s Podcast episode the guys wrap up their Passion Week Series by focusing much of their time on Saturday and what we know and what we don’t know about that day. What really happened on Saturday? We hope you’ll join them by listening in and then we invite you to celebrate Jesus’s Resurrection with us on Sunday morning via Facebook Live. If you happen to miss it please check the videos on our Facebook page to watch it later on.
* 1 Corinthians 15
* Matthew 27:65
* Matthew 28
* 1 Peter 3:18-19
* Ephesians 4:8-10
* Acts 2:31
* Psalm 16:10
* Revelation 20:11-15
* Luke 16:23 Rich man in Hades
* Luke 23:43 Thief on the cross
* John 19:30 It is finished
* 1 Peter 3:18
#141 – His own received Him not…
The guys have come to Friday in their Podcast series following Jesus’s last week of ministry here on earth. Through their discussion they take us to the cross and Jesus’s journey there on that last Friday. The day we call Good Friday.
* John 18
* Matthew 27
* Luke 23:6
* Psalm 24
#140 – His nature, Our nature
The guys continue on with their Passion Week Series. In this episode they discuss Thursday, the final day of Jesus’s earthly ministry. Pastor Lowell states this is his favorite day of the Passion Week. On this last day, Jesus leaves with his disciples his last words of council, his final example and his ongoing words of hope.
A year of podcasts!
I started listening regularly after y'all gave a challenge (I think IN a podcast) to spend distractionless time resting and getting fed by God's word.
Step 1 = listen to podcast
Step 2 = quiet prayer and reflection
Step 3 = read bible verses listed in podcast go notes (Thanks for writing that!)
Step 4 = think about it through my day and week.
Now I have gone back to the beginning and I'm going to listen to all of them. Keep going guys! (Galations 6:9) Thanks for giving your time and energy to this ministry!!! ✝