Chris Barton is a founder and ex-CEO of Shazam, one of the most iconic and loved apps that has ever been built. Shazam amassed over a billion downloads and was acquired by Apple in 2017 for $400 million.
On this episode of the Startup Exits Podcast, we chat with Chris about:
• Is it bad to start a business with friends?
• Should founders be secretive about their idea?
• Fundraising strategies for startups.
• Running a startup in a financial crisis.
• Entrepreneurial perseverance.
• Tech predictions for the next decade.
• How Apple acquired Shazam. Startup exit strategy.
Full episode with transcription can be found here.
Startup Exits is brought to you by StartupSoft. New episodes on the 15th of every month, subscribe for more.