The CIO podcast by Healthcare IT Today brings you the most practical healthcare CIO insights and perspectives. We know your job is challenging and we want to help you be more successful. On this podcast, you'll be on the front row to learn from the top healthcare CIOs.
Physician CIO Leadership with Dr. Stephanie Lahr
For the 3rd episode of the CIO podcast hosted by Healthcare IT Today, we're sitting down with Dr. Stephanie Lahr, MD, CIO and CMIO at Monument Health. Dr. Lahr offered a number of unique perspectives in this episode. First, CIO of a community-based healthcare system in South Dakota that is part of the Mayo Clinic Care Network made for some really great perspectives. Plus, she is also a physician who also doubles as the CMIO along with CIO which creates a unique relationship with her organization.
Along with these unique perspectives, Dr. Lahr also shares some of the gratifying things her team and her have accomplished in the last year and areas where they still need to grow as an organization. Plus, she shares what gives her the most hope for the future of healthcare and some advice for aspiring CIOs and aspiring women CIOs.
Andy Crowder on Technical and Operational Challenges
Join us as we learn from Andy Crowder, Senior Vice President / Chief Information & Analytics Officer at Atrium Health. Here’s a look at the questions we discuss on this episode:
* What are the biggest operational challenges you face right now? What are you doing about them?
* What are the biggest technical challenges you face? How are you approaching it?
* What is the most exciting thing you’re working on now and why does it excite you?
* How do you think the role of IT and the CIO is going to evolve over the next 5-10 years? What should CIOs be paying attention to?
* Which things do you think set you apart that helped you become CIO?
CIO Podcast - Episode 1: Ed Marx on CIO Success and Failure
We're excited to announce a new CIO podcast hosted by Healthcare IT Today. On this podcast we plan to bring the most practical healthcare CIO insights and perspectives. We know how challenging the job of healthcare CIO can be and we hope this podcast will help make things a little bit easier. Pull up your virtual front row seat to hear CIOs helping CIOs.
On our first episode, we're excited to welcome Ed Marx (@marxtango), Chief Digital Officer at Tech Mahindra Health and Life Sciences and former CIO at Cleveland Clinic and a number of other healthcare organizations. For those who know Ed, he's full of stories and experiences as CIO and this episode is chock full of them. Along with hearing about Ed's successes, we also ask a time when Ed failed as CIO and what he learned from the failure.
Here's a look at the questions we discuss on this episode:
* What's been the key to your success in your career?
* How did you measure your success as a CIO?
* Can you share an example of a time you failed as a CIO? What did you learn from it?
* How do you find time to do duathalon, volunteer, dance, write books, etc?
* You're known for building great teams. What are some examples of practical things you've done to bring your teams together?
* What would you say to a CIO out there that may be struggling?