Terry Barber & Jesse Romero
31 August 2018, The Bar of History - Why Stay Catholic? - With Dr. Ed Mazza
31 August 2018, Happy Hour - Readings For XV Sunday After Pentecost - With Matthew Arnold
1) Why Do Catholics Do THAT At Funerals?
2) The Danger of Priests in Good Standing
3) Time to Break the Silence
31 August 2018, The Terry and Jesse Show, Is There a Casting Couch Amongst the Episcopacy?
1) Gospel Matthew 25:1-13 Wise Persons Live in a State of Grace, Foolish Persons Live in a State of Mortal Sin
2) Vatican Arranges Escape Hatch by Church Militant ChurchMilitant.com • August 30, 2018 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncMEXr60AeI
3) Pope Knowingly Gave Vatican Apartment to Gay Priest Later Caught in Cocaine Fuelled Orgy https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-pope-knowingly-gave-vatican-apartment-to-gay-priest-later-caught-i
4) “The Best Nuncio (Vigano) We’ve Had Thus Far” by George Weigel https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2016/04/the-best-nuncio-weve-had-thus-far
5) Bishop Barron Says There Must Be a Thorough Investigation Until We Get at The Truth About McCarrick. Who Knew About Him and Who Covered Up For Him? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncMEXr60AeI
6) Illinois Bishop Thomas Paprocki Says McCarrick Sexual Abuse Case Demands Answers https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/illinois-bishop-calls-for-inquiry-into-allegations-against-pope.
7) Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, President of the USCCB, Issued a Statement Yesterday Saying the Testimony of Viganò is Sufficient to Warrant an Investigation Which He is Going to Ask the Pope to Convene
8) Bishop Morlino Calls For an Investigation of Vigano’s Statements Which He Believes are True https://www.romancatholicman.com/bishop-morlino-statement-on-vigano-and-pope-francis/
9) Bishop Steven Lopes, the Ordinary of The US Ordinariate, Has Said He Doesn’t Believe His Fellow Bishops Who Profess Ignorance of Archbishop Theodore McCarrick’s Wrongdoing
10) Interview With Phil Chavez & His Time in Seminary With SOLT
How The Pederasty Cover-Up Will Make Civil War Within The Catholic Church http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/30/pederasty-cover-will-make-civil-war-within-catholic-church/
30 August 2018, The Terry and Jesse Show, It is Disturbing when Our Pope takes the 5th
1) Gospel - Matt 24:42-51, Be Ready, Jesus is Coming when You least expect Him
2) Venerable Sheen - Christ Miracles were Never Denied
3) The Tragic and Twisted Characters Who made “Gay” Normal…and One was a Catholic Priest!
4) Why Francis Must Speak
5) Pope Francis - Catholic Church Deserves Answers
30 August 2018, Happy Hour - Do You Fear God? - With Matthew Arnold
1) The Redemption and the Oath Against Modernism
2) The Fear of God
3) The Rosary and the Four Last Things
4) In God We Still Trust!
30 August 20128, The Bar of History - Special Guest Edward Pentin on Pope Francis Crisis - With Dr. Ed Mazza
Fired up and Faithful
I love this show because these guys always share Truth and how to live it! They are encouraging and motivating with tips for frontline action to grow as a Christian who is Catholic.
Confess your complicity
How Will Joe Biden Build a Common Future? Read Our Feature Series
Editorial: Catholics need to confess their complicity in the failed coup
Jan 7, 2021
by NCR Editorial Staff OpinionJustice
Police officers in Washington stand guard Jan. 6, 2021, as supporters of President Donald Trump gather in front of the U.S. Capitol. (CNS/Leah Millis, Reuters)
There is plenty of blame to go around after yesterday's shameful storming of the U.S. Capitol by a right-wing mob trying to stop the formal counting of the Electoral College vote for the legally elected next president of the United States.
Clearly, the current resident of the White House who for months has repeatedly and deliberately lied about nonexistent election fraud, and who, even as Confederate-flag wielding thugs strolled throughout the Capitol, is guilty of inciting violence in his morning speech on the Ellipse. Later in the day, he would express "love" for what can only be described as domestic terrorists.
And of course the more than 100 House Republicans and more than a dozen GOP senators who had planned to object to the Electoral College results yesterday — including those who later changed their minds, and, let's be honest, pretty much every Republican except Sen. Mitt Romney — will be remembered for laying the fire that eventually burst in flames.
Even Vice President Mike Pence and almost-ex-Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who tried to do the right thing by giving reasonable speeches in the morning, cannot erase the past four years of propping up Trump and contributing to the climate that fanned the frenzy.
But also among those with some culpability for yesterday's failed insurrection are more than a few leaders in our church. Catholic apologists for Trump have blood on their hands.
Many Americans expressed shock as they watched the violent mob smash glass and scale the walls while members of Congress cowered under desks or rushed to secure bunkers.
We were not surprised.
This is the culmination of what this presidency has been about from the beginning — and some Catholics have remained silent, or worse, cheered it along, including some bishops, priests, a few sisters, right-wing Catholic media and too many people in the pro-life movement.
We're talking to you CatholicVote.org, Attorney General William Barr and other Catholics in the Trump administration, Amy Coney Barrett, Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Bill Donohue of the Catholic League, rogue prolifer Abby Johnson. Sadly, the list goes on.
And what about the everyday Catholics — some 50% of them — who voted for Trump this year, after four years of incompetence, racist dog whistles and assaults on democratic norms? Not all were at the "protest" in Washington, but many have supported organizations that fanned the flames. Too many Catholic voters were content to cozy up to Trump in exchange for tax breaks, or Supreme Court judges, or subsidies for Catholic schools.
Many of these folks have been shaped by right-wing Catholic media, whether rogue priests on Twitter, websites such as Church Militant or LifeSiteNews, or the Catholic media conglomerate the Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN). The latter, with its veneer of respectability, has misinformed millions of Catholics worldwide with its biased news and opinion shows. EWTN anchor Raymond Arroyo, who moonlights on Laura Ingraham's show "The Ingraham Angle" on Fox News, where he is freed from the EWTN's alleged respectability, deserves singling out.
It must stop. If the church is to live up to the teachings of its founder, and if it is ever to be a witness to the culture, it cannot, must not, be a part of what happened at our nation's Capitol. There must be no white Catholic nationalism. And a pro-life movement that embraces white nationalism is not a true pro-life movement. Period.
While some prelates have spoken out all along, the bishops' conference, as a body, must publicly confess and atone for its complicity in empowering the president and the Republican Party in this violence and in denigrating the Democratic Party. The U.S. bishops could start by disbanding that ad hoc, adversarial committee on President-elect Joe Biden, and use its various resources to re-shift how we discuss what it means to be pro-life Catholics. A pro-life movement unwilling to exclaim “Black lives matter” is not a pro-life movement.
Sackcloth and ashes should not be out of the question, but it will take more than a confession.
Our religious leaders, many of whom perpetuate the very white supremacy that led to yesterday’s coup, must begin the long, hard work of trying to This flattening of faith is still happening today in other forms. Many, for example, spend more time thinking about who’s in charge in Washington — or Beijing, Moscow, Budapest, Caracas or Havana — than who’s in charge of the universe.
Some priests and faithful seem to want the pulpit to be used to endorse individual political candidates or denounce particular parties rather than to endorse Jesus Christ and his evangelical platform.
The Fire of the Holy Spirit is burning up my phone
I am so happy I started listening to Terry and Jesse. They have helped me so much to find my faith again!
Inspiring! Uplifting! Let’s get ready to rumble for our Lord!