29 episodes

Coffee = Enjoying Life. Checkboxes = Getting Things Done. Let's talk about both.

Coffee and Checkboxes Richard Spencer

    • Self-Improvement
    • 4.6 • 5 Ratings

Coffee = Enjoying Life. Checkboxes = Getting Things Done. Let's talk about both.

    Episode 29: Gratitude is a Super Power

    Episode 29: Gratitude is a Super Power

    5 minute Journal
    Coffee Corner
    Good News Network

    • 40 min
    Episode 28: Persistence is a Super Power

    Episode 28: Persistence is a Super Power

    Persistence is needed in life. With all of the ups and downs in life, we learn that skills and talent is not enough to get to that top level in life. We need to have persistence in order to get through the failures in life.


    So let's talk about how life is a marathon and that persistence is a super power we need to get through it.
    Links:
    Lelisa Desisa Wins the New York City Marathon in the Last Miles - The New York TimesWendell Phillips - Wikipedia — Wendell Phillips (November 29, 1811 – February 2, 1884) was an American abolitionist, advocate for Native Americans, orator, and attorney.

    • 33 min
    Episode 27: Let's Get It Started

    Episode 27: Let's Get It Started

    How do you go from a dream to reality? 3 steps is vital to do this. Let's talk about it.
    Links:
    How To Set Goals (And Why You Should Write Them Down) — There’s some impressive science to back up goal setting. And yet it’s something we’re never taught or encouraged to do. But the statistics don’t lie, and make a strong argument for getting good at this skill; and making a habit of it.Neuroscience Explains Why You Need To Write Down Your Goals If You Actually Want To Achieve Them — I’m sure you’ve heard that if you want to achieve a goal, you need to write it down. I know it sounds a bit cliché, but it actually does work.Why 3% of Harvard MBAs Make Ten Times as Much as the Other 97% Combined

    • 30 min
    Episode 26: Time for Some Action

    Episode 26: Time for Some Action

    We've prepared our minds for obstacles



    We know that we need to control our emotions
    We know that we need to be cool in the face of adversity
    We know that we need to focus on what we control and not on what we can't control


    It's now time to take action!

    • 30 min
    Episode 25: Disguised Opportunities

    Episode 25: Disguised Opportunities

    A good person dyes events with his own color... and turns whatever happens to his own benefit - Seneca



    Opportunities doesn’t always come in the form in which we want them to. They might come in the form of obstacles and difficult situations. Let’s learn how to see obstacles for what they really are, opportunities in disguise.
    Links:
    King cake - Wikipedia — A king cake (sometimes shown as kingcake, kings' cake, king's cake, or three kings' cake) is a type of cake associated in a number of countries with the festival of Epiphany at the end of the Christmas season; in other places, it is associated with the pre-Lenten celebrations of Mardi Gras/Carnival.

    What started out roughly 300 years ago as a dry French bread–type dough with sugar on top and a bean inside now comes in many varieties depending on the country. Some king cakes are made of a sweet brioche dough in the shape of a hollow circle with a glazed topping sprinkled with colored sugar. Hundreds of thousands of king cakes are eaten in New Orleans during the Carnival season.Nets' Joe Harris shocks Warriors' Stephen Curry for 3-point title

    • 34 min
    Episode 24: Becoming a Genius

    Episode 24: Becoming a Genius

    Genius is the ability to put into effect what is in your mind. There’s no other definition of it. —F. SCOTT FITZGERALD



    We often get being super duper smart with being a genius. We have that all wrong. It takes great ideas and dreams and the ability to manifest that into our world. Let's all become a genius1
    Links:
    Kenya Kirinyaga Kariru Release | Blue BottleStrongLifts 5×5: Get Stronger by Lifting Weights only 3x/WeekThe Obstacle Is the Way - Wikipedia

    • 39 min

Customer Reviews

4.6 out of 5
5 Ratings

5 Ratings

MillyML ,

Feel Good Brew.

This podcast is so natural and warm. It's so chill and refreshing to feel like your genuinely having coffee with a friend. This guy is awesome. Positive, encouraging, raw, and hilarous. And ALWAYS safe to listen to at work or around your kids. haha

Kmcorey11 ,

Coffee, Quotes, and Character

Great blend of all 3! Like a good coffee that has the perfect combination of bean, roast and brew, this podcast series will certainly bring conversation and motivation to the table every time. Looking forward to great things!

Top Podcasts In Self-Improvement

Listeners Also Subscribed To