This is your coffee podcast and your newest addiction. I'm Holly Shannon, what are you pouring today coffee lovers? Join me for a cup of connection. We will sip, share, and come completely unfiltered, this Coffee podcast is Brewed for Connection.
Let me give you the dark roast first, coffee is figurative, are we really meeting up for the shot of caffeine, or are we craving connection?
Are you dating? Swipe right for that coffee date! Maybe coffee is your new black!
What about coffee culture? Why are Europeans so into their coffee and make fun of our American brew? We will learn why cappuccinos are against the law in the afternoon in Italy, just kidding!
Do we need to know about the supply chain and bean sustainability, climate change and its effects on growth of our beloved beans? Is their true crime happening to coffee farmers?
How about caffeine for performance? Do you add adaptogens, mushrooms, CBD or THC? Do you have Bulletproof coffee with collagen powder before working out or for recovery after exercise? What are you adding to your coffee? I’ll be talking to you intermittent fasting warriors too!
How about that lighter roast chat? How to brew your best espresso? Let’s go visit the baristas and the little coffee shops we adore.
Do you listen to Spotify playlists designed for coffee shop listening? Is it really just the vibe?
What about brunch? Espresso martinis, bloody Mary or mimosas! Mixologists are having a lot of fun with that liquid nitrogen brew. Do you prefer your coffee addiction with a side of sugar?
Yes, I’m thinking about Tiramisu, chocolates, bourbon, beer, so many delicious coffee indulgences, I’ll find them and share them with you.
I know there are some cult favorites too. How do you really feel about pumpkin spiced latte? Are you team Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? Regular vs. decaf? I know you have opinions here!
How did Coffee tables earn that moniker? Is the TV show Friends finally opening Central Perk in 2023?
How do you make the best coffee? Let’s learn how to make the best pot of your pour over, french press, drip, and cold brew.
So here’s the tea, just kidding, drink coffee for clarity, focus, your health or an excuse to socialize. But make no mistake, coffee is about connection.
Join me, Holly Shannon, on my podcast, Coffee. Follow me on social so we can sip together and be a part of this community, there will be Youtube video how-to’s, and NPR style interviews. Life can be hard, but coffee helps.
Coffee Culture is Season 5 and dives into the coffee meetup for friendship and connection. It’s not always about the coffee but our need to be there for each other. Both personally and professionally we use coffee as an excuse to gather. But sometimes it is about the brew. This season will address our addiction and allegiance to coffee and fun facts around coffee culture. There will be shorter content for a little sip. Also there will be robust conversation and stories around nostalgia and unique experiences like a coffee meditation. Think of it as our dark roast together. Either way, Coffee is the new black!
If you are new to this podcast, my past content here on Culture Factor has traversed 4 seasons! Season 1 covered topics about company culture from the c-suite during a pandemic. It shifted in Season 2 to company culture from the perspective of emerging leaders that were navigating the new normal in the remote work economy. Season 3 dove into emerging technologies in the Web3 space in an educational format creating simplicity out of new topics. It was for the NFT curious and the Web3 confused.
Season 4 took an NPR style approach interviewing artists, collectors and businesses. Understanding connection, the value of art and the why behind this new creator economy.
How to reach me and Social links here:
Can You Drink Coffee While Intermittent Fasting?
Hi Coffee Culture family! My topic today is can you drink coffee while intermittent fasting, the benefits and the risks. I've personally tried intermittent fasting. It's purported to set the stage for a longer life, a leaner body and a sharper mind. More modern day warriors seeking health hacks are trying to improve the sharpness of their minds and are using it by creating a 10 to 14 hour window where they do not consume food. I've had success by incorporating it into my sleeping hours.
Also get up to 56% of Magic Mind, see code in the Show Notes. Little elixir for boosting productivity!
The Dude Who Invented Mr. Coffee with Blake Louis
Blake Louis did a school project on Vincent Marrotta the inventor of the Mr. Coffee Coffee Maker. She is 9 years old and my youngest guest yet! Her teacher gave her this assignment for Italian American Month at school.
Check out my instagram posts for pictures of her project and Blake!
Taking a Power Nap: the Concept of 'Nappuccino' and its Relation with Caffeine
I want to be a napper. When I actually nap I wonder to myself, why don’t I do this more often?
Do you nap? Do you ditch the nap for caffeine or performance drinks? What if there was a happy marriage of both?
I’m always up for validation. So when I heard about the nappuccino, I had to learn more and share with my coffee lovers. I was thinking, how could it be that I might have the best of both worlds?
Desert Island or Coffee Shop? Extroverts and Introverts
Charlie Birney is the Co-Founder of Podville Media/Podcast Village. He is a Creativity, Podcast, & Media Consultant. Also, Charlie is the Co-Author “Podcasting Made Simple” and an accomplished Illustrator on Instagram @podcastsketchbook
1. Chinese Taoism
2. Coffee Shop meetup with friends over pandemic at the Tasty Diner
3. Introverts and Extroverts
4. Businesses that use coffee to create the meetup
5. Illustration work on Instagram
6. Podcasting, Taoism, Philosophy and the good and bad of video
7. Nuance of voice vs. video
8. S'mores, gathering around the campfire, elevating the experience and campfire coffee
9. Writing 2 books, The Tao of Podcasting, illustration
10. Meditation, silence and the use of words
11. What is your why? Simon Sinek, your purpose and passion,
12. Honoring the pause, the voice and the words. Honoring the presence.
13. Engaged listening. 'I'm going to follow, but I'm not going to force' in Taoism.
Espresso to Blame? Unable to Keep Up with Santa, Bezos Steps Down
Meet Cormack Jackson, he's the Chief Of Staff to Shazam Cofounder Dhiraj Mukherjee & Independent Consultant in the UK.
What did we talk about:
1. Networking or coffee date
2. The World Cup
3. Business Hack! Walking with coffee and creating chapters (mental mind stamps) with landmarks. Big Ben and the economy. Canary Wharf and the recession.
4. TikTok coffee date, viral IG post and Dating Intelligence
5. Influence and Building your Superpower
6. Losing $35 million gambling in Vegas and influence
7. White chocolate is not chocolate
8. What kind of coffee does Santa drink? Espresso and Bezos stepping down because he cannot keep up with Santa.
9. Showing up late to the coffee date
10. Chatting in queue, securing two more dates and the one you're in the line with.
11. Ambushing your future boss with an interview on a podcast.
12. London School of Economics and a Sociology degree.
13. Recording team Zooms for content for trailers for social media on Linkedin. capturing the essence of his boss' ideas and thoughts. Ambushing your boss or guest!
14. Nicaragua celebrity and #1 business podcast or number #1 in Business on Apple
15. Coffee from Nicaragua
16. Is Santa real? Tooth Fairy?
17. Hand extensions for T-Rex for Christmas. Jurassic Park episode 3 with David Attleboro.
18. Apache of Marketing on Linkedin.
Illegal Trade & Organized Crime with Coffee
Ethiopian law prohibits the sale of export-quality coffee locally. And although it’s considered the birthplace, this has not stopped illegal trade growing into an organized criminal enterprise. What you'll get in this episode:
1. 2021 red flags in the export of coffee in Ethiopia
2. Regional and commercial coffee business
3. Export quality and demand for domestic market
4. Government complicity
5. Federal and Regional laws
Holly Shannon - Great Interviewer! And Coffee!
Holly is a wonderful, natural interviewer! As a recent guest I have been catching up and I love the mix and most of all her style! So excited to have this show in my podcast queue!
Culture Factor Summer Series beats the Heat!
Holly Shannon’s 1st summer series episode is off to a hot start. It’s a refreshing take by getting a montage of interviews with incredible guests (to get their POV about the web3 and NFT space) all wrapped up into 15 minutes. Sharp, to the point and well thought out! My kind of show.
Incredible information + Rich Insights!
Holly is incredibly knowledgeable and the ultimate “Swiss army” of information for web3. I always try to catch every episode and recommend to everyone at any skill level. It was enriching meeting her at NFT NYC!