Follow travel writer Aaron Millar and his family on a Wild West adventure through one of the Colorado Rockies' most beautiful mountain towns.
Glenwood Springs is, perhaps, Colorado's best-kept secret. Located in a dramatic valley, in the heart of the Rockies, this mountain town is home to the largest hot springs pool in the world, an ancient Native American vapour cave and some of the best family adventure in the state, including a mountain-top theme park, 7,000 feet above the town.
But its true claim to fame is its heritage. Founded in 1892, Glenwood Springs was once the home of the notorious gunslinger and gambler Doc Holliday.
Those Wild West days may be long gone, but here in Glenwood Springs you can feel them still - in the red brick buildings of 7th Street where Western saloons once plied their trade, in the frontier style architecture that lines Grand Avenue with colourful facades, in the mountains that rise on all sides of this beautiful valley as they always have.
Travel now with Aaron, his wife Gillian, and two kids, Cameron, 13, and Elise, 9, for three days of outdoor adventure following in the footsteps of one of the West’s wildest characters.
Produced in a documentary style, this episode of Family Traveller is designed to immerse you in the experience and show you what it feels like to be there for real. The grown-ups loved it, but after you hear the kids' take, you’re going to want to bring your family here for sure. Saddle up, the adventure’s about to begin.
· Bathing in the largest Hot Springs Pool in the world where President Teddy Roosevelt and Al Capone once soaked.
· Experiencing the towns famous Vapour Cave, filled with mineral rich steam seeping in from a super-heated subterranean river below.
· Exploring the Fairy Caves in the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
· Riding the Alpine Coaster on a mountain top 7,000 feet above the town
· Driving a snowmobile through the forests of the Rockies.
· Hearing the story of the notorious outlaw gambler and gunslinger Doc Holliday
· Discovering Glenwood Springs, one of Colorado’s most beautiful mountain towns.
Find out more at www.familytraveller.com, @familytraveller
This episode was brought to you by Glenwood Springs, Colorado: Where world-famous hot springs meet year-round outdoor adventures. Find out more at www.visitglenwood.com, @visitglenwood
Produced by Armchair Productions, the audio experts for the travel industry www.armchair-productions.com