The Communication Strategist podcast covers the strategies and tactics of organizational communication. This is the place for a quick, weekly download of news, tips, and information to help you plan, prepare, execute, and assess your organization's communication strategy. These short, weekly episodes include topics on strategic communication, digital marketing, public relations, technology, and more. Hosted by Mike Nicholson.
Episode #15: The Metaverse, Influencing Behavior, and Facebook Ray-Bans
This week's three topics:
The Metaverse is here. What is it and why every brand needs to care.
Is the British government influencing Behavior by using sensitive data?
And Facebook on your Face. Ray-Bans and Facebook partner together to bring the first pair of smart sunglasses.
Episode #014: The Rule of Writing, Great Storytelling, and Get Learnin'
This week's three topics: Why intelligent minds embrace the rule of writing, how great storytelling can make your business stand out, and it's time for me to get some learnin' dun.
Episode #013: Fighting the Misinfodemic, Employee Surveillance, and AI for Content Production
This week’s three topics are (1) Content Management in the Age of Misinformation, (2) Has employee surveillance gone too far?, and (3) And AI is coming for your job PR-people, it’s now crunching copy for brands.
Episode #012: Radical Media, Using Influencers In Marketing, and Social Media Trust
This week's three topics are: (1) Noam Chomsky, the author of Manufacturing Consent, talks about today's radical media. (2) How to Incorporate Influencers into Your Social Media Marketing Plan, and (3) Why do most of us stick with Social Media sites when we don't trust them?
Episode #011: Believing Outrageous Lies, Facebook Stops Political Ad Research, and Social Media at the Olympics
• "A terrifying new theory: Fake news and conspiracy theories as an evolutionary strategy" by Paul Rosenberg
• "Facebook shut down political ad research, daring authorities to pursue regulation" by Christianna Silva
• "Sharing videos on social media from Tokyo Games is not allowed -IOC" by Karolos Grohmann
Hosted by Mike Nicholson.
Communicate For Effect covers the strategies and tactics of digital communication.
This is the place for a quick, weekly download of news, tips, and information to help you become a more effective digital communicator.
These short, snackable episodes include topics on digital marketing, public relations, and technology.
Find the show notes and more at www.46alpha.com
Episode #010: Targeted Ads, Retargeting, and Mapping Disinformation Networks
• "Targeted ads aren't just annoying, they can be harmful. Here's how to fight back" by Silvia Milano
• "Retargeting: What Is It, Why You Need It, and How To Do It" on 46ALPHA
• "Hate "Clusters" Spread Disinformation Across Social Media. Mapping Their Networks Could Disrupt Their Reach" by Jigsaw