In this episode, Susan Blackmore introduces the last ‘great mystery for science’ – consciousness and the questions it poses for free will, personal experience, and the link between our mind and body.
Learn more about Consciousness: A Very Short Introduction here: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/consciousness-a-very-short-introduction-9780198794738
Learn more about consciousness with Susan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSNg6dNw_7U
Susan Blackmore is a psychologist, writer, and Visiting Professor at the University of Plymouth. Her research ranges through out-of-body experiences and claims of the paranormal to minds, memes, and the mysteries of consciousness and free will.
Follow The Very Short Introductions Podcast on:
– Apple Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/2SQQ79R
– Blubrry: https://oxford.ly/2IVCep0
– Google Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/34W2bvY
– SoundCloud: https://oxford.ly/3nPvtoD
– Spotify: https://oxford.ly/3dxUJuP
– Stitcher: https://oxford.ly/3k9kEvH
© Oxford University Press