Dr. Anton Howes (@antonhowes), author of Arts & Minds, joins Erik on this episode to discuss:
- How to create conditions where innovation is easier and better.
- Why he wrote the book and the key question he was trying to answer.
- What Silicon Valley could learn from studying the history of Britain.
- Misconceptions that people have about economic growth in the past and future.
- Why people misunderstand what growth is.
- How statecraft relates to economic growth.
- Questions that people in the field are trying to answer and where he agrees or disagrees with prominent thinkers.
- Thoughts on progress studies.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at www.villageglobal.vc or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Want to get updates from us? Subscribe to get a peek inside the Village. We’ll send you reading recommendations, exclusive event invites, and commentary on the latest happenings in Silicon Valley. www.villageglobal.vc/signup