When it comes to politically charged topics, there are times when we should speak up, and others when we should simply shut up!
Jim Terry, strategic communications expert, understands the controversial issues individuals and businesses face, and has a unique approach for addressing the hot topics of today.
- Knowing when to speak up and when to shut up when it comes to controversial topics and your business
- Recognizing that every business decision you make is a form of communication
- Relying on your business’s values to shape stances on public issues
- Owning mistakes, rather than justifying them or pretending they never happened
- The importance of a crisis plan for your business communications in the event of a vulnerable moment
DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THE FULL EPISODE?
Check out 15-minute highlight reel instead: https://api.spreaker.com/v2/episodes/50733390/download.mp3
CONNECT WITH US
Shawn’s Instagram: @shawn_d_smith
Sanger’s Instagram: @sangersmith
Subscribe to our newsletter for weekly decision-making tips: https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001aeU_pPBHJPNJWJBdVbaci6bjGIuEJurH12xHBWDEVT_NxyCadMd7wLSZjcEZglkSjDjehuIbTHD8nABOIdV69ctfYpSzg24RCIytetBUrlIPPKgaGzjGZ8DkM0Wp1LMjbErcYUur7PbZGjeVo4gyXlz821AoJGZR
Join us every Wednesday for more strategies to DEFEAT bad decision-making - one episode at a time!
ABOUT JIM TERRY
Jim Terry is a strategic communications expert with a knack for helping businesses navigate conversations around politically charged issues, such as cancel culture, Black Lives Matter, and vaccines. As a long-time veteran of Capitol Hill, he understands the issues everyday businesses face and has a unique approach for addressing the hot issues of today. He has appeared on Fox News, CNN, and countless talk radio outlets across the country and has testified before Congress numerous times. Jim is the President and CEO of TDS Public Affairs.