What’s happening with digital media right now? This podcast provides a casual pulse on industry developments and applicable strategies for staying relevant in a rapidly evolving landscape. Marketers get a boost from digital marketing experts that solve real-time problems and help brands thrive.
Episode 56: Maximizing Email Deliverability
This episode dives into the dos and don’ts of email deliverability. Gaia and Andreah are joined by Merkle’s Tracy Davis, Director of Engineering for Marketing Campaign Platforms, and Philip Nawrocki, Manager of Non-Profit Digital Technology.
• What is Apple’s mail privacy protection?
• How can you make sure your email ends up in the inbox, not spam?
• Why should you never use image-only emails?
• How can you practice good data hygiene?
• Why should you work with your network team?
• 4 Ways to Improve Email Deliverability
• Top Email Marketing Trends for 2023
• The Dynamic Duo: How Data and Technology are Transforming Personalization
• What’s Holding Brands Back from Personalization?
• Implications of Apple’s Mail Privacy Protection (MPP)
Episode 55: Direct Mail Goes Digital
In this episode, Gaia and Andreah chat with Matt Bond, Senior VP of Print Production & Global Studio at Merkle about the future of direct mail.
• Is direct mail dying?
• What are the benefits and drawbacks of direct mail?
• Why are creative and copy crucial to the direct mail experience?
• How can brands ditch the siloed approach to digital and print engagement?
• What’s the difference between using traditional acquisition tactics and digital printing equipment?
• Why should direct mail be a part of value touchpoints across the entire customer journey?
• How a Modern Twist on Direct Mail Can Better Engage Customers
• The Forgotten Enabler of Online Personalization & Identity: Direct Mail
• A Direct Mail Fundraiser’s Best Friend Just Might Be Digital
• Why Direct Mail Still Matters in the Digital Age
• Infographic: Solving the CX Disconnect
Episode 54: Trends to Watch in 2023
Welcome to Season 3 of Digital Marketing Musings! Gaia and Andreah are joined by Merkle guest Gary Kagawa, VP Media Strategy. This first episode of the season discusses what trends are following us into 2023, and where digital marketing is headed this year.
• How will economic uncertainty affect market spend?
• What does the future of social commerce look like?
• How are brands jumping into video?
• Will TikTok be banned in the US?
• Why is DEI and corporate responsibility more important than ever?
• How to Maximize Tech Investments in an Inflation Economy
• Build Your Data-Led Inflation Strategy
• Performance Media Report, Q4 2022
• 2022 Retail Media Research Report
• Gaming Creative, Part 1
• The Dynamic Duo: How Data and Technology Are Transforming Personalization
• Could Generative AI Be the Answer to Making Content at Scale Possible?
Season 3 of Digital Marketing Musings – Coming Soon!
Welcome to another exciting season of Digital Marketing Musings with Gaia and Andreah. Stay tuned to dive into the latest trends and topics with us and our expert guests.
Subscribe to be notified when new episodes drop!
Episode 53: Attribution Best Practices in 2023, Part 2
This is Part 2 of our two attribution episodes and the final installment of season 2! Gaia and Andreah continue to chat with Merkle’s Ilon Weeldreyer, Director, Performance Media, Steve Pomeroy, VP, Analytics, and Jason Meek, Marketing Analytics Professional about all things attribution.
• What’s the difference between deterministic and probabilistic reporting?
• Why does Merkle value aggregate-level data modeling?
• What is Merkle’s Merkury identity resolution?
• How do marketers know what attribution methods to apply when?
• How should we optimize performance?
• Why should you be strategic when you look at success KPIs?
• Centralize Your Analytics and Get Solid Insights, Fast.
• Marketing Mix Modeling (MMM) for B2B – A Primer
• Information Design for Marketers: Making Your Data Stand Out with Preattentive Attributes
• Digital Marketing Musings: Attribution Best Practices in 2023, Part 1
• Merkury – Powered by Merkle
Episode 52: Attribution Best Practices in 2023, Part 1
In Part 1 of our two Attribution episodes, Gaia and Andreah are joined by Merkle experts Ilon Weeldreyer, Director, Performance Media, Steve Pomeroy, VP, Analytics, and Jason Meek, Marketing Analytics Professional. The guests discuss the age-old problem of attribution and what it looks like today.
• What is last-touch attribution?
• What goes into choosing an attribution model?
• How does attribution account for how long media is effective in the market?
• Why do we work with all layers of attribution?
• How can marketing and finance teams work better together?
• Marketing Mix Modeling (MMM) for B2B – A Primer
• What is the Real ROI of Attribution?
• How to Measure Digital Audiences and Media in the Cookieless Future
• The Inside Scoop: What We’re Thinking About as MediaPost’s Search/Performance Marketing Agency of the Year
• How to Win at Customer Experience – Infographic
• Powering Personalization at Scale with Adobe Customer Journey Analytics
Absolutely love the podcast!