Are you thirsty for more joy in your everyday? Do you want to get paid to do what you love? Do you want to figure out your greatest passion, your purpose, and how to turn that into a profitable, thriving full-time career? Each week, host Cathy Heller has honest conversations with successful creative entrepreneurs about the hands-on, practical steps to make a living doing what lights you up, and build a life that you can't wait to wake up to every single day. You've got so much to contribute and Cathy is here to help you do it. Follow Cathy @cathy.heller on Instagram for daily sparks of inspiration. Subscribe to Don't Keep Your Day Job and share the show with someone who needs to hear it. We're on a mission to make this a brighter, happier, and more fulfilled place - and you can help us make this possible.
"We're all an extension of goodness." - Daily Dose Minisode
"As soon as you desire it, as soon as the thought comes in that you want this thing - whether it's this relationship, or this particular thing you want to do in your business, or this thing you want to create in the world - as soon as you have that thought, by the time that thought makes its way to you, that desire is already vibrationally created. That's already out there. That's already done. And now our job is just to stop sabotaging herself, and to just get vibrationally in harmony with that thing that we want to create."
- Join our How to Ditch Your Day Job Workshop on Thursday @ 6 pm ET! http://cathyheller.com/workshop
"That's how we start to scale businesses." - Daily Dose Minisode
"I have this experience with this person and they invest. They start investing their energy into this relationship. And there's an intimacy that's born. And once you have that, it's lightning in a bottle."
- Join our How to Ditch Your Day Job Workshop on Thursday night @ 6 pm ET! http://cathyheller.com/workshop
Geneen Roth Talks About Healing Anxiety, Pain & Our Relationship to Food
How can you slow down to listen to your body and feel your feelings? Geneen Roth, NYT bestselling author spent her early adulthood struggling in her relationship with food, until she realized that dieting and self loathing was not the way she wanted to live. She teaches you how to quit the addiction that's trying to fill the empty void inside, practice being kind to yourself, stop feeling shame over your thoughts, and give yourself permission to enjoy all that you already have.
- Watch the interviews on video! https://bit.ly/3uTyIOS
- Sign up for Geneen's retreat at https://geneenroth.com/
- Get your copy of Women Food and God and This Messy Magnificent Life at https://geneenroth.com/books/
- Follow Geneen on Instagram @geneenroth
- Thanks June's Journey! Download June's Journey Free today on the Apple App Store or Google Play
- Thanks Athletic Greens! Get a FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs with a subscription by going to Athleticgreens.com/dreamjob
- Thanks Indeed! a Free $75 sponsored job credit to upgrade your job post at Indeed.com/dreamjob
- Thanks 1-800 Flowers! To order 36 Sorbet Roses for $36, go to 1800flowers.com, click the radio icon, and enter code dreamjob
"We're coming home." - Daily Dose Minisode
"Eleven year old you is so proud of you. You have weathered so many storms, and so many nights that felt like they just might not end. And you're here. So let's stop thinking that we need to be different and crush our goals and change all of our habits. It's like how about we honor how far we've come, how much we've soldiered through? Let's honor that."
Shea & Syd McGee on Building Your Own Opportunities & How Studio McGee Became a Netflix Show
How do you use every moment as a learning experience? Shea and Syd McGee, founders of Studio McGee and McGee & Co, authors, and stars of Netflix's Dream Home Makeover took a chance when they sold their house to launch their design company. They share how to have a healthy marriage when you work with your spouse, why the act of giving is crucial to growing your audience, and how to turn obstacles into big opportunities.
- Watch the unedited interviews on video! https://bit.ly/3uTyIOS
- Follow Shea and Syd McGee on Instagram @studiomcgee and @mcgeeandco
- Watch the Studio McGee YouTube channel https://bit.ly/3e2lckT
- Watch Dream Home Makeover on Netflix https://www.netflix.com/title/81088239
- Check out their products on McGee & Co https://www.mcgeeandco.com/
- Studio McGee line at Target https://bit.ly/3acR1qe
- Thanks Betterhelp! For 10% off your first month go to Betterhelp.com/dreamjob
"The lie that we have to overcome." - Daily Dose Minisode
"All I have to do to do it is open my heart. I don't have to go to Harvard, I don't have to be better than Oprah, I don't have to write four bestsellers. I can literally just stand in a loving open hearted vibration and care. Care that my intention is genuine and care that I am seeking to give some empathy and some true investment in the well being of the people around me. Step into that. And it's just wow, your taxi cab light is on. Next thing you know, Gd just starts sending you opportunities to start checking out. He's like, 'How about this one? What about this? What do you think of it?' You're like, 'I don't know, it feels good. It all just feels so good.'"
Love the new daily dose minisodes
Don’t Keep Your Day Job is part coaching, part spiritual healing, part conversation and all good! Cathy Heller hosts wonderful guests in interesting conversations. I love how after these conversations, Cathy reviews the takeaways. Her podcast is part of my daily routine and I’m loving her new(ish) daily dose minisodes when Cathy shares “what’s on her heart” each day. I often listen to these short ones while my coffee is brewing...great way to start the day. I really feel Cathy rooting for each and every listener in her community! 5 stars
Always multiple takeaways!
I love the people that Cathy interviews. Many of them are new to me...and I always learn so much about not only them, but have multiple takeaways! Great life advice. Today I listed to her interview with Iliza S, a comedian I have never heard of. I paused to relistened a dozen times! Thank you Cathy for your excellent guests and questions! So inspiring!
Cathy does such a good job covering a variety of topics! Her episodes are filled with beautiful insight and wit. Her guests offer awesome advice as well. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to be inspired!