Learn something new for yourself and your business from the expertise, education, and tips from Des Moines Downtown Chamber member businesses. "Downtown Chamberphiles" is hosted by Sid Juwarker, Vice President of the Downtown Chamber Board of Directors, and recorded and edited by Des Moines Radio Group.
The Business of Construction
Meet Josh Miltenberger, construction executive for Greiner Construction. Josh began his construction journey by building a log cabin on a farm with his father.
In this episode:
1.) Working with clients to make their projects come to life.
2.) Greiner’s history and moves into new markets.
3.) How the pandemic has affected the construction industry.
4.) Josh’s favorite things to do in Des Moines.
The Art of Digital Marketing
Meet Andi Fagen, founder of Creative DSM, a full-service marketing company. Contrary to popular belief, the "DSM" does not stand for Des Moines, as you’ll find out by listening.
In this episode:
1.) Andi’s road back to Des Moines and her entrepreneurial journey.
2.) The importance of multi-prong marketing and how the pandemic has changed things.
3.) Benefits of coworking and networking.
4.) A piece of marketing advice from Andi.
Comedy as a Business Tool
Meet Josh Chamberlain, co-owner of Des Moines’ first and only independent comedy club Teehee’s Comedy Club in downtown Des Moines. In this episode:
1) Entertaining and improvisation and its benefits for business.
2.) An improvisation demonstration!
3) Lessons in failure.
4) Taking comedy classes at Teehee’s Comedy Club.
The Fun of Science!
Meet Emilee Richardson, director of marketing and public relations for the Science Center of Iowa. In this episode:
1) The impact of the Science Center — now and for 50 years.
2) How people of all ages can enjoy.
3) The importance of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
4) Get involved with the Science Center.
5) Emilee’s role as a NASA Solar System Ambassador!
Introducing Staci Bennett!
Staci Bennett is the new Des Moines Downtown Chamber Executive Director. She sits down with host Sid Juwarker to chat and introduce herself! In this episode:
1.) Learn about Staci's background.
2.) Hear some of her favorite downtown amenities.
3.) Listen to Staci's excitement and plans for the new role.
Read more about Staci here. Thanks for listening!
The Time is Now
Explore Systems Theory and Design with Fred Darbonne, Principal at Strategy by Design. In this episode:
1) Discover what this recent Des Moines resident loves most about our city.
2) Understand how working with congregations led to Fred's current work.
3) Hear why now is a perfect time to review your strategic plan.
4) Gain insight on why the strategic plan document is actually the least important part of the planning process.
5) Identify the biggest barriers to great planning.