Today, I am blessed to have here with me Dr Thomas Hemingway. He graduated from the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine in 2002 with a Doctor of Medicine Degree and completed a residency in Emergency Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, in 2006.
He received his Board Certification in Emergency Medicine from the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) in 2007. Dr Hemingway specializes in holistic health and wellness, preventative Medicine, and nutrition. He believes health and wellness are possible and sustainable through simple strategies addressing the root cause of health challenges.
He is the author of The Preventable Book and teaches the public and medical community that illness, disease, fatigue, anxiety, stress, and weight gain are all preventable.
In this episode, Dr Thomas speaks about how diseases are preventable by eating the right food, having the right diet, and what to do daily. Food is detrimental in determining the status of our health. Dr Thomas reveals which diet is the right one and dives into the meaning of FMSG. Tune in as we chat about food, a balanced diet, everyday movement, sleep, and stress.
🥑 Get your fat burning keto recipes each week delivered to your inbox, for less than $10 per month: http://www.ketokamprecipes.com Download your FREE Vegetable Oil Allergy Card here: https://onlineoffer.lpages.co/vegetable-oil-allergy-card-download/
Become a Keto Kamp Academy member here: http://www.ketokampacademy.com
/ / E P I S O D E S P ON S O R S
PureForm Omega Plant Based Oils (Best Alternative to Fish Oil): http://www.purelifescience.com Use ben4 for $4.00 off.
⭐ Upgraded Formulas | http://www.upgradedformulas.com Purchase Upgraded Formulas, Charge Electrolytes, and other products. GET 15% OFF with Coupon Code: KETOSIS
Text me the words "Podcast" +1 (786) 364-5002 to be added to my contacts list.
[10:17] Effective Methods to Prevent Illness and Improve Strong Health
· Food is either the best medicine people could have, or a slow poison and people get to make that decision each day.
· The focus should be on what people can add to their diet instead of subtracting.
· According to Dr Thomas, people nowadays are overfed yet undernourished.
· Nutrient deficiencies and obesity are two of the most common health problems.
· Eat real food. Avoid highly processed sugars, the leading cause of liver transplants, and highly processed grains and flour.
[19:10] Your Body Responds Positively to Diversity in Many Different Areas
· The human body was made to eat all different things, be it meat or leafy vegetables, to receive a well-balanced diet.
· The microbiome flourishes when fed different vegetable plants or called alpha diversity.
· The better the variety you get, be it a protein, fruit, or vegetable source, the better our bodies thrive.
[23:01] Movement: Simplest and Most Effective way to Have a Better Functioning Metabolism
· People should move their bodies daily in some way, shape, or form.
· There is a direct correlation between the time we spend seated and the incidence of all chronic diseases.
· Brain-derived neurotrophic factor, or BDNF, gets released with exercise that increases our mental capacity, creativity, and memory.
· Resistance training significantly impacts working against Age-Dependent Sarcopenia or losing muscles as people grow older. Muscle mass is needed to prevent chronic diseases and for a faster metabolism.
[29:05] Optimize Your Sleep. Reset Your Hormones with a Good Night's Sleep
· The glymphatic system is the system of the brain responsible for flushing out toxins through sleeping or autophagy.
· The first few minutes of the morning and some natural sunlight are important to get a good night's sleep.
· Do not eat 3 hours before bed, stay away from