Today’s Topic: The Value of Small Donors
Dan welcomes Barbara O'Reilly back to the show to talk about how the non-profit sector is treating "small" donors, what their value is to fundraising programs, and why that value isn't be realized by some non-profits. Barbara is a fearless advocate for the industry and she brings her experienced and honest perspective to this important discussion with an eye towards helping organizations get more out of their small dollar fundraising programs.
Issues covered include:
- The "hidden" value in small gifts
- Why major donors start with low dollar gifts
- How small donor programs can generate valuable leads for major giving
- Low retention rates for small donors and how to improve them
- The missed opportunity with thank you letters and acknowledgements
- The value of cultivating "activists" for your nonprofit
- Why your organization needs a multi-channel touchpoint strategy
- Using technology to increase giving and reach donors in more places
- Turnkey CRM solutions
- Much, much, more
This conversation is a great listen for passionate fundraisers which is chalk full of tips for development personal and vendors to optimize their low dollar programs.