The Eat Blog Talk podcast features interviews with food bloggers and other experts who will bring insight into the world of food blogging. We cover all the hot food blogging topics you want to learn about (think SEO, Pinterest and how to approach brands) and we also discuss self-development and how it can improve your job performance, creativity, productivity and add value to your business! Eat Blog Talk publishes new episodes twice/week (Mon and Thur), so listen in!
SEO Priorities for 2021 with Casey Markee
Casey Markee is the founder of digital consultancy company MediaWyse. He is an SEO professional who helps bloggers take their businesses to the next level through his expertise and website audits. Here are a few SEO priorities that should be on your radar in 2021:
- Web stories: what and why
- Passage Indexing: How it is different from featured snippets
- Best (affordable) options for doing keyword research
- Best practices for blog post optimization
- May 2021 Page Experience Algorithm: What to expect
The Endless Opportunities Available to Foodie Creators with Lucy Seligman
Lucy’s passion for Japanese food launched her into becoming a foodie creator. She has explored the different avenues available to food bloggers and wants others to be aware of them, as well!
- Find out what your true passion is in the world of food blogging and immerse yourself in it. Are you passionate about photography? A certain type of food?
- From there, other opportunities will begin appearing before your eyes. Be ready to see them!
- There is so much opportunity out there!
EBT Replay - Productivity Hacks To Set You Up For Success with Megan Porta
Food blogging is no joke. There is never a shortage of things to accomplish, so utilize your time as best you can! Megan imparts her tricks for reaching an optimal level of productivity as a food blogger.
- Learn to be laser focused.
- Work concentrated.
- Learn to say no.
- Plan and schedule as much as you possibly can.
- Make the most of every minute of your work day. Every minute counts.
- Push yourself to accomplish more because it is POSSIBLE.
- Commit to finishing everything you start.
Utilizing Underrated Strategies for Quick Blog Growth with Laura Arteaga
Laura and her husband grew their Six Hungry Feet food blog quickly by utilizing a few underrated (and very smart) strategies. Inside the episode, Laura shares how they started and how they grew so quickly.
- Focus on creating quality content and learn the many ways you can offer up content that is packed with quality.
- Promotional strategies for getting your content SEEN. Don’t underestimate Facebook, Pinterest and the power of your friends!
- So many more gems are packed inside!
Monetize Your Blog With Ads with Nicole Johnson
Nicole Johnson works for Mediavine, an ad management company that works closely with food bloggers. She gives her best tips about why having display ads on your blog is a great idea and how you can make that happen.
- Why Mediavine ads are different from the rest.
- What you should expect from a quality ad manager.
- Tips to getting to 50k sessions/month (the threshold for applying to have Mediavine ads on your site).
- Just keep moving forward and try not to get hung up on the numbers!
Create Ideal Food Photos For Your Next Cookbook with Lori Rice
Shooting photos for a blog is different than shooting for a cookbook. Lori Rice is a photographer who teaches food creators how to shoot their own food photos through her online courses. She shares valuable advice inside this episode so you can feel more confident launching into taking photos for a cookbook.
- Why blog photos are different from cookbook photos.
- Why you should never use the camera on your phone to photograph a cookbook.
- How to create ideal cookbook photos.
- How to organize it all!
Customer ReviewsSee All
Fabulous host with great questions!
Megan does a great job asking questions that go below surface level which provides the audience with so much more value. Her podcast is definitely a must listen!!!
Loving learning about blogging life and tips
Just started listening to the podcast while working and it’s been so great learning so many new tips and tricks from other bloggers. Thank you Megan for having great content and guest speakers. So excited to listen to more episodes. Maybe one day be a guest.
Essential for food bloggers!
This show covers it all and has so many great takeaways. I look forward to each episode because I’m always so inspired by all the professionals in this diverse field. The world of food blogging is such a changing field and this is the perfect way to stay on top of it!