We live in an age of competing monologues. We talk, but we do not listen. Russ Roberts joins Amit Varma for a wide-ranging conversation in episode 182 of The Seen and the Unseen.
Also check out:
1. Econ Talk -- Russ Roberts's podcast.
2. Russ Roberts's website, archived writing and books.
3. How Adam Smith Can Change Your Life -- Russ Roberts.
4. The Theory of Moral Sentiments -- Adam Smith.
5. The Three Languages of Politics -- Arnold Kling.
6. The Three Blind Sports of Politics -- Russ Roberts.
7. Tribe -- Sebastian Junger.
8. The Economics of the Chilling Effect -- Episode 5 of Econ Central.
9. You’re From the Mutton Lobby — Transcript of episode 49 of The Seen and the Unseen (solo episode on political discourse).
10. A Letter on Justice and Open Debate -- Various authors (in Harper's).
11. My Twelve Rules for Life -- Russ Roberts.
12. Shallow -- A Star is Born.
13. Shallow -- Lady Gaga and Bradely Cooper at the Oscars.
14. Shallow -- Cover by Jessica Reinl and Christopher Halligan of the Mount Sion Choir.
15. Everything Flows -- Vasily Grossman.
16. The Story of My Life -- Russ Roberts.
17. The Evolution of Everything -- Episode 96 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Matt Ridley).
18. Indian Society: The Last 30 Years -- Episode 137 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Santosh Desai).
Also check out these Econ Talk episodes that Russ mentioned with Dan Klein, Arnold Kling and Ryan Holiday.
New batches for Amit's online course, The Art of Clear Writing, begin soon.