Dr. Frank Lipman is worldwide recognized as a vocal pioneer of integrative and functional medicine (or what he calls “good medicine”). He grew up in South Africa during the Apartheid where he received his initial medical training and later in 1984, he emigrated to the US.
He is the founder of Eleven Eleven Wellness Center, the Chief Medical Officer at The Well, a sought-after international speaker, and the best-selling author of seven books including 'Better Sleep, Better You', 'The New Rules of Aging Well', 'How to Be Well', 'The New Health Rules', 'Young & Slim for Life', 'Revive', and 'Total Renewal'.
Dr. Lipman has guided and helped thousands of patients to recover and improve their health. In today's episode, he shares what he has learned along the way, on this inspirational and almost 40-year journey in the world of functional medicine.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Frank's origins and how began his journey in functional medicine
- How meeting Dr. Jeff Bland was a tremendous motivator to push his career forward
- The concept of Good Medicine
- Why personalized medicine is the future of medicine
- The role of genetics tests in everyday practice
- What skills and personality traits patients expect doctors to have
- Why doctors should pay more attention to the concept of user experience
- The digitization of medicine: how medicine is moving out from the doctors' office.