How does it feel to hold space while moving through a powerful change? So many of us are working through this as teachers, parents, siblings, partners and friends. What is the role of yoga in helping us not just to weather the storm, but to be fully present and learn through it? We explore these questions and so much more with our guest Kelley Palmer, yoga teacher, activist, coach and creator of Race & Equity in Yoga: Disruption As a Practice, an online training course for yogis and yoga teachers in the principles and practices of dismantling white supremacy in yoga and the world.
• Kelley shares how feeling hopeful and deeply sad coexist in her life and work.
• The history of Kelley's activism and work in over turning racism
• How different generations agree and differ on the issues of black lives matter
• Kelley's work to make sure other people, people of colour have access to yoga practice
• Why yoga and social justice go together
• Kelly's dismantling racism course: https://www.accessibleyogatraining.com/race-equity
• The complexity of integration in America.
• What black people should be doing right now
• Perceptions of safety and of the police for black mothers and white mothers
• Kelley's website
• Instagram: @peacefilledmama
• Kelley's Dismantling Racism course
• The story of Mansa Musa, the 14th Century West African ruler who was so rich his generous handouts wrecked an entire country's economy.
• Sanctuary in the City; the history of creating a yoga space for black and brown people outside of white gaze. Daily online classes, meditation and panel discussions.
• Dr. Gail Parker - inspired Kelley and guided the set up of Sanctuary in the City
• Jivana Heyman
• Our podcast episode with Jivana Heyman
• Accessible Yoga Training
• Coretta Scott King: "Every generation has a responsibility to liberty and liberation." https://www.bustle.com/p/8-coretta-scott-king-quotes-the-resistance-needs-to-read-54043
• Reverend angel Kyodo Williams
• Michelle Cassandra Johnson
• Our podcast episode with Michelle Cassandra Johnson
• Octavia Raheem
• Ilya Parker Decolonising Fitness
• Maria's Yoga for Mental Health Course