On episode 64 of The Healthy Charleston Podcast I am pleased to be joined by Carl Dearing of CDFIT. Carl Dearing's work in functional training and individual program design stems from work as an exercise physiologist in the hospital and physical therapy settings and as a sports performance coach for high school, college, and professional athletes in Philadelphia. Athletes, top business professionals, and people of all stages of life have chosen Carl and his outlook and insight into the human body to help them achieve peak performance, heightened body awareness, and increased quality of life.
Reach out to Carl:
Via website: https://cdfitcharleston.com/
* Carl's facility and how they evaluate their athlete's movement based on their needs
* Movement variability
* Therapy movements transitioning to performance
* How did Carl get into Strength and Conditioning?
* Modern medicine vs lifestyle changes to improve health
* Systems that have failed us and our health
* Discussion on technology and how humans are adapting
* Personal responsibility and ownership of your own health
* Carl's nutrition practices and supplementation
* Challenging yourself and putting your body in stressful situations
* What is Carl's definition of a healthy person?
* What is Carl best at?
* What is something Carl struggles with?
* What is the number one thing the public should do to maintain their health?