“Drug dealer to the Stars” is a pretty heavy title, but it's one our guest "Sanchez" (not his real name) has worn for three decades. A self-professed “hardcore 70s kinda guy,“ Sanchez has dealt drugs to rockstars and movie stars as well as doctors and lawyers. He also happens to be a movie aficionado, sports fanatic, and one of the most amiable guys you'll meet.
We’re not looking to glorify drugs or dealing drugs in this episode, but we’re also not looking to play judge; what we’re interested in are people and their stories. Sanchez came of age in 1970s L.A., which means he’s seen some s**t — like crazy, Hollywood stuff you don't see in the rest of the world type s**t. So dig in, buckle up, and enjoy this walk through the life of Sanchez, bona fide drug dealer to the stars.
… he was the nicest guy in the world and he told me he didn’t like being a celebrity sometimes—he hated it … the bad part is people don’t know when to stop or slow down.Sanchez
* Becoming a drug dealer after originally wanting to work in film.
* The cocaine-fueled Los Angeles of the 80s.
* Why so many famous actors and musicians use drugs.
* How today’s drug scene compares to past decades.
* America's war on drugs.
* Being busted and doing time.
* Being caught in a front page drug bust with a rockstar/actress.
* How a drug deal goes down.
* Being offered sex for drugs.
* The most dangerous situation he’s ever been in.
* Dealing with strung out clients.
* The parallels between his own life story and Scarface's Tony Montana.
* Squandering large sums of money.
* The cardinal sin of drug dealers.
* The ’92 L.A. riots.
* Being up for nine days on a drug bender.
* Surviving the childhood accident that killed his mother and sister.
* Breaking Bad’s Walter White.
War on Drugs - YouTube
The 80s Archives - Los Angeles Magazine
The Natural trailer - YouTube
Scarface trailer - YouTube
'92 LA Riots - YouTube
Rodney King beating - YouTube
Breaking Bad - The Evolution of Walter White - YouTube