Have you ever checked a store’s site to confirm an item is in stock, only to get there and find that it wasn’t? Or maybe went to order something online but found it will take more than one week (gasp!) to reach you? What’s the next move… wait a week or shop elsewhere?
Consumers today expect speed and efficiency with online purchases, and inefficient supply chain management can not only create a poor customer service experience but also unnecessarily increase retailers’ costs.
In this episode of The Commerce Marketer Podcast, I’m joined by Bob Carver, the VP of Cloud Inventory Solutions at DSI. We’re going to talk about current supply chain trends, the evolution of supply chain management, why omnichannel is still difficult for retailers, and what to expect in the years to come.
While it may not sound like a sexy topic, the supply chain matters to business success. And don’t worry, we’ll keep you entertained!
You’ll hear about:
• The evolving landscape of the supply chain and how it’s impacting retailers.
• How global commerce has disrupted the supply chain.
• When you should reassess your supply chain infrastructure.
• How last-mile delivery is impacting the traditional supply chain.
• Why retailers should look at last-mile as a revenue opportunity.
• The biggest obstacle for transitioning supply chain management systems.
• How one retailer successfully removed a distribution center to increase efficiency.
Learn more about DSI:
Bob.Carver@DSIglobal.com | https://www.dsiglobal.com/ | Twitter: https://twitter.com/dsimobile
I welcome your feedback, invite you to share any topics you’d like to hear more about, or let me know if you're interested in becoming a guest. Greg.Zakowicz@Bronto.com |
https://twitter.com/WhatsGregDoing | #TCMpodcast #BrontoPodcast
This episode is brought to you by:
The Bronto Marketing Platform powers personalized multichannel content that generates the higher engagement needed for retail success. Keenly focused on the commerce marketer, Bronto continues its longstanding tradition as a leading email marketing provider to the global Internet Retailer Top 1000 and boasts a client roster of leading brands, including Rebecca Minkoff, Timex, Lucky Brand, Theory, Brooks Sports, Ashley Homestore and Christopher & Banks. For more information, visit http://www.bronto.com