What's happening, y'all? Today's episode deals with the subject of what it means to be "On Code," as well as what should happen when those of us go "Off Code." But, we're not talking about a code that only applies to *some* of us...but a code that should apply to *ALL* of us. We outline some specific points that we feel would make a great foundation for our own code to live by, and we take time to discuss the reasons why we need it, alongside the consequences for those who go against it. We'll list the attributes of our code here in the notes. Ultimately, as Black Americans, we need something real--something that connects us and provides those unspoken rules that will allow us to see one another as full, organized people. We hope that this show can be a starting point in that journey. We hope you enjoy it!
The "New" Code:
1) Strategic silence with what we build, how we spend our money, and who we support
2) Public Solidarity for those of us who have proven to deserve it
3) Buying Black FIRST (including: products, food, professional and amateur services, etc.) to keep our dollar circulating repeatedly
4) Equal treatment within the melanin spectrum
5) Looking out for our own whether we know them or not
6) Healing, Protecting, and Standing Alongside our Children
7) Vetting other races, ethnicities, and nationalities before providing unlimited access to us and going harder for them than we go for our own
8) Embrace, as a community, the varying strengths and interests that cater to our uniqueness
9) Disowning those who create, yet abandon, families and children if they refuse counseling and accountability practices
10) Internal handling and discipline for those who publicly or privately act out of line, shame, embarrass, or put down another Black Man or Black Woman for the sake of self-gratification or selfishness.
Follow us on Social Media @CRTN_T!
Like & Share us on Facebook! https//fb.me/TARODCAST
Pick up some merch! https://ForeverCRTN.redbubble.com!
Join The Conversation on Throne! https://throne.live/share?room=@TarodMcKnightContact us! firstname.lastname@example.org
My Wife is an author! Check out her Dark Erotica short, “Little Black Dress,” on Amazon Kindle!
Support The Resilient Lotus!
Visit https://www.theresilientlotus.com and use promo code “TARODCAST” to receive a discount on your purchase!
Visit https://www.crtn-t.com/morenitas-salsitas to place your order! Local pickup/delivery only.
Support @RozayGraphism on Instagram!
Follow on Instagram @rozaygraphism to get your custom logos, posters, and flyers, as well as learn how to create your own with his workshops!
Don’t forget to review us and give us a 5-Star Rating! We really appreciate it!
Thank you for listening.
Intro/Outro Music Produced by V-Dizzle
Main Commercial Break Music Produced by Synba
Additional instrumentals produced by Ryan "iMakeFireBeats"
Podcast Platform Provided by Spreaker.com