Welcome to the Next Off Podcast, a Victory Briefs podcast!
In the inaugural episode, Chris Theis, Jacob Nails, and Lawrence Zhou discuss COVID-19’s effect on debate, both the implications it has for the debate community and tournaments and how it relates to common arguments made in debate, and the role of judge kick as it relates to the permutation.
Recommend us to your friends that may not know about us and contact us with episode suggestions, Mailbag questions, guest suggestions, or just to chat: https://forms.gle/T9t8ukpDZDkK4c2n9
- Strake All Star Invitational: https://www.tabroom.com/index/tourn/index.mhtml?tourn_id=15972
- Online TOC: https://www.tabroom.com/index/tourn/index.mhtml?tourn_id=13038
- Student Online Round Robin Report: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jg4lcSkYoArYpFOoV3W99ndJyE8Ip73n10TDu3qV_Zk/edit?usp=sharing
- Bid Statistics by Region: https://www.vbriefly.com/2018/03/06/2017-18-bid-statistics/
- Kenan’s Article: https://www.premierdebate.com/uncategorized/bid-tournaments-part-2-regions-kenan-anderson/
- Michigan Debate Tips for Debating Online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUSiftlfrOA
- Debate Musings: https://www.debatemusings.org/home/the-space-topic-review-policy-aff
- HS Impact Article: https://hsimpact.wordpress.com/2020/03/25/changing-our-approach-to-impacts/
- Judge Kick: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=235688124499069&set=gm.641245023368324&type=3&theater&ifg=1
Sponsored By Victory Briefs. Check out our summer debate institute, debate publications, and blog: https://victorybriefs.com/