In our first episode, we speak with Robert Simonson, a cocktail and bar writer for the New York Times, PUNCH and Imbibe, as well as a noted author of four books, "The Martini Cocktail," "3-Ingredient Cocktails," "A Proper Drink" and "The Old-Fashioned."
Robert chats with us about:
1) Why he loves writing about cocktails and bartenders
2) Why cocktails-to-go and outdoor dining should stay
3) How creativity, innovation and resilience in the bar community are inspiring him during this challenging time
4) How pitches to him should be tailored to a major national newspaper or an industry-specific outlet
5) What kind of bar personalities he is looking to profile, whether young craft bartenders or lifelong career veterans
6) Why he continues to spotlight diverse voices in the bar and spirits world, which is even more important at this time
7) What his upcoming new cocktail book is all about (Spring 2021 publication date by Ten Speed Press)
8) What the bar community should be doing to move hospitality forward
Robert also addresses a listener question from Dave Oz of Bathtub Gin and The 18th Room on the future of sustainability in bars.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.