Why You Should Listen:
In this episode, you will learn about the importance of mitochondria in recovering from a complex, chronic illness.
About My Guest:
My guest for this episode is Dr. Bryan Rade. Bryan Rade, ND is a graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine and is the current President of the Nova Scotia Association of Naturopathic Doctors. His practice focuses on complex chronic illness, persistent Borreliosis and coinfections, mold illness, integrative oncology, the biomedical treatment of autism (“DAN” Doctor), PANS/PANDAS, neurological disorders, SIBO, and chronic pain. He utilizes a wide range of tools including prolotherapy, prolozone, neural therapy, perineural injection therapy, platelet-rich plasma, ozonated clot matrix therapy, Low Dose Immunotherapy, Low Dose Allergen Therapy, ozone therapy, CranioBiotic Technique, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, intravenous laser therapy, chelation therapy, and many others. Dr. Rade owns and operates the East Coast Naturopathic Clinic in Bedford, Nova Scotia, where he is joined by a team of innovative naturopathic doctors, as well as naturopathic residents. In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Rade regularly speaks at medical conferences. He lectures at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine on persistent borreliosis and coinfections, as well as on injection therapies for pain management.
- How many ATP are in a given cell in various tissue types in the body?
- What are key symptoms of mitochondrial dysfunction?
- What is the connection between mitochondria and adrenal or thyroid dysfunction?
- Is there a connection between our nervous system, sympathetic dominance, and mitochondria?
- Do microbes and toxins impact mitochondrial function?
- How does ATP as the danger signal in the Cell Danger Response model fit in with an attempt to support the mitochondria?
- Does mitochondrial dysfunction play a role in dysautonomia, POTS, or EDS?
- Do antibiotics or other medications such as Disulfiram or Cholestyramine negatively impact mitochondria?
- Can mitochondrial support improve those with damage from fluoroquinolones?
- What options are available for testing mitochondrial function?
- How is mitochondrial dysfunction treated?
- How can mitochondrial biogenesis be stimulated?
- What is the role of NAD in supporting the mitochondria?
- Does reduction of blue light at night benefit the mitochondria?
- What non-supplement tools may help support our energy production?
- How can autophagy and mitophagy be upregulated?
Connect With My Guest:
February 12, 2020
To review a transcript of this show, visit http://BetterHealthGuy.com/Episode113
To learn more, visit http://BetterHealthGuy.com.
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.