Episode Twelve: Interview With Doctor Russell Kennedy: Stop Believing Everything you Think! How To Overcome Anxiety and Stress With The Anxiety MD
I’m thrilled to be featuring The Anxiety MD a.k.a., Dr. Russell Kennedy on this episode! His passion and energy for finding solutions to overcome anxiety and helping others through a variety of methods is uplifting and the work he does in the fields of healing and self-growth; profound. Our conversation is PACKED with golden nuggets of wisdom to help you blast through your blocks, decrease stress, overcome your anxiety in the NOW and ultimately cultivate a deeper understanding of, compassion for and connection to yourself and others.
Dr. Russell Kennedy, aka The Anxiety MD, is a part medical doctor, part brain science geek, part rebel, and part stand-up comic (no joke). His passion lies in helping people get more true feeling and less false thinking in their lives. A recovered stressed out, burned-out medical doctor, Dr. Russ wants to show you that healing stress and anxiety has much more to do with the body than the mind. His experiences with LSD, Ayahuasca, Psilocybin, and MDMA have given him insights into his own anxiety and provided non-traditional ways of understanding and alleviating our worries and fears.
Dr. Russ is finishing a book tentatively called "The Anxiety Rx" to be published in late 2019 and is designed to show anxious, stressed-out people how to SEE their stress so they don't have to BE their stress. For those committed to changing their feeling state, Russ offers personal and group sessions and can easily be found all over social media by searching "The Anxiety MD".
· A calming morning practice (00:20)
· His waking inspiration (02:31)
· His game changing book on anxiety (03:00)
· Challenges of having a parent with mental health conditions (04:40)
· His onset of anxiety (06:00)
· His breakthrough with plant medicine (09:00)
· His experimental healing journey for anxiety (10:44)
· The impact of parent-child trauma (12:55)
· How to know where your anxiety comes from (16:25)
· Anxiety as a coping mechanism (19:49)
· Anxiety: what really happens in your mind and body (23:00)
· The significance of mind-body connection in your healing (30:00)
· How to get out of your head and into your body (35:26)
· How to build resistance to anxiety and panic attacks (44:17)
· What he wishes he’d known when he started (49:21)
· His daily habits for success (55:05)
· His morning routine (1:01:12)
· A question that could entirely change your intimate relationships (1:13:20)
· His failures and the powerful role they play in your life (1:09:12)
· The elements of a successful relationship (1:10:28)
· His recommendations for dealing with and healing anxiety (1:18:00)
· A life changing book (1:20:00)
· Quote he lives by (1:20:46)
· What he isn’t very good at (1:21:50)
· His guilty indulgences (1:22:20)
· His one food only choice for life (1:23:00)
· What paradise means to him (1:25:30)
Thank you so much for tuning in. It’s a privilege to have you here and I’d be so grateful if you could share it, subscribe and take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review on your podcast player platform, to continue sharing the goodness of this with the world.
Drop me a line to let me know and let’s connect on social media: @MandyJRoss @paveyourparadisepodcast
Join my Patreon! www.patreon.com/mandyjross
P.S. If you’re looking for an advantageous marketing opportunity for your business and want to become a Pave your Paradise podcast sponsor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/paveyourparadise/message