This is episode #200...yes, we are at another milestone episode! Three years ago we kicked off The VentureFizz Podcast to bring you the amazing stories from leading entrepreneurs and investors. It’s been a blast and I want to say thank you to Alex, who made it happen initially, Dan, who is our podcast editor, and of course a special shout-out to all of our amazing guests!
For Episode 200, I’m really excited to share with you my interview with Helen Greiner, CEO of Tertill.
Helen is a legend in the tech industry and one of the co-founders of iRobot which brought robots into our homes with the Roomba. At this point, I can’t imagine not having our Roomba… it’s a game changer.
Helen’s next company, CyPhy Works, revolutionized the drone industry and now as CEO of Tertill, she is looking to tackle another domestic chore and it's one that is dreaded, in my opinion, way more than vacuuming and that is weeding. I think I was scared as a kid and if a robot can take away this task, then please sign me up!
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
* What Helen envisions for the future of robotics & drones.
* Her background growing up, including how R2D2 was her inspiration, plus her time at MIT.
* The story of iRobot - from the early days of the company, to bringing the Roomba to market, and building a pillar tech company to an IPO.
* The details on CyPhy Works and how they helped pushed the drone industry forward.
* Why she joined Tertill and how the product works, which is brilliant.
* Advice for founders on building a company centered around innovation.
* And so much more.
If you like the show, please remember to subscribe and review us on iTunes, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, or Google Play.