In this episode, Mimi talks to elite runner, Keira D'Amato. Keira is a woman of many talents. She's a realtor in Virgina, a mother of 2, a DJ (listen to Episode 244 of I'll Have Another With Lindsey Hein for more DJ talk), and the 7th fastest 35 years or older in the WORLD for the 5K!
Keira is the most decorated runner of all time in American University history where she was coached by Matthew Centrowitz Sr. At American she was a 4-time All American and 11-time individual Patriot League champion. Keira placed 5th in the 2005 NCAA DI Cross Country Championships where she beat a few up and comers by the names of Molly Huddle and Amy Hastings.
Keira placed 15th in the 2020 US Olympic Marathon trials and was selected to represent the US in the World Half Marathon Championships originally scheduled to take place in Poland this spring - now rescheduled for this fall. Earlier this week, Keira ran a 15:04 5K time trial on her home track. For reference, the Olympic standard is 15:10. Keira's 15:04 makes her the 7th fastest woman 35 or older all time in the world!
Another fun fact about Keira: she's a superfan of the television show, Survivor. In this episode, Mimi and Keira catch up on all things running, but then get deep into Survivor talk. We talk about:
- How we started watching the show and why we keep watching
- Our favorite seasons
- Our favorite players
- Our experiences meeting various Survivor players IRL
- Past contestants we'd like to see play again
- The importance and magic of Rob Has a Podcast
- The controversial fire making challenge conundrum at the Final 4 Tribal Council
- Our pro-runner fantasy Survivor season
- Alliance names
- The Final 3 and Winner of Survivor: Rumble of the Runners