Amir Figueroa is an endurance athlete with a wide range of experiences in the outdoors, from qualifying for the Boston Marathon to a top-10 finish in the Mohonk Preserve 50-mile race. He works as a Senior Research Scientist at Columbia University Medical Center. When he’s not running or collaborating with other scientists, he co-leads Harlem Run, which is a collective of runners passionate about the Harlem, NY community. It is a strong, positive, and diverse groups of runners, walkers and joggers of all sizes, ages and abilities. In this episode, Amir talks all about his passion for running, building community through sport, and his advocacy work of various types.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmirMFigueroa
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amirmfigueroa/
Follow Harlem Run---
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/harlemrun
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/harlem_run
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/harlemrun/
Discussed in the Episode:
Local Non-Profits Harlem Run has partnered with....
-Harlem United: https://www.harlemunited.org
- #TakeCareOfHarlem: https://www.takecareofharlem.com
- Boys & Girls Club of Harlem: https://www.bgcharlem.org
- Run 4 All Women Film, Co Produced by Alison Mariella Desir & Jeffrey Restrepo: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/run4allwomen/249221515
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/socialsport/support